The Student Room Group

Revision Help!!!

Hey,
I've been seeing a bunch of people posting their GCSEs and it feels as if no one else is doing the same/similar exams as me. I have made this post so those of you who maybe are in the same boat as me, we can help each other out :smile:

My GCSE's are:

AQA Biology (Unit 1 & 2)
AQA Physics (Unit 1 & 2)
AQA Chemistry (Unit 1 & 2)
AQA English Language
AQA English Literature (Macbeth, Power & Conflict Poetry, Lord of the Flies and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde)
Edexcel Spanish
OCR History (British Depth Study & USA (New Deal, Civil Rights, etc)
AQA Media Studies (TV Game Shows)
AQA Maths (Foundation)
Edexcel R.E (Units 3 & 8)
AQA Sociology (Paper 1 & Paper 2)

I would say that my best subject (only one :frown: ) is R.E and my worst are Physics and English.
Thanks! :smile:
Original post by garethbale
Hey,
I've been seeing a bunch of people posting their GCSEs and it feels as if no one else is doing the same/similar exams as me. I have made this post so those of you who maybe are in the same boat as me, we can help each other out :smile:

My GCSE's are:

AQA Biology (Unit 1 & 2)
AQA Physics (Unit 1 & 2)
AQA Chemistry (Unit 1 & 2)
AQA English Language
AQA English Literature (Macbeth, Power & Conflict Poetry, Lord of the Flies and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde)
Edexcel Spanish
OCR History (British Depth Study & USA (New Deal, Civil Rights, etc)
AQA Media Studies (TV Game Shows)
AQA Maths (Foundation)
Edexcel R.E (Units 3 & 8)
AQA Sociology (Paper 1 & Paper 2)

I would say that my best subject (only one :frown: ) is R.E and my worst are Physics and English.
Thanks! :smile:

Hey there :smile: good luck with your GCSE's

I did OCR history last year so if you need any help with that I can see what I can do.

Although we did different exam boards you can always ask me if there is a science question you don't understand and I'll be more than happy to help :smile:

For English language you should look at practising as much as possible so doing past papers and getting your teacher to mark them is a good idea.

I hope this helps and you find others doing the same subjects :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by brainzistheword
Hey there :smile: good luck with your GCSE's

I did OCR history last year so if you need any help with that I can see what I can do.

Although we did different exam boards you can always ask me if there is a science question you don't understand and I'll be more than happy to help :smile:

For English language you should look at practising as much as possible so doing past papers and getting your teacher to mark them is a good idea.

I hope this helps and you find others doing the same subjects :smile:

Thank you so much!! And yes, History help would be soooo helpful please :smile:
Thank you so much!! And yes, History help would be soooo helpful please :smile:

No problem - are there any bits in particular? :smile:
Reply 4
No problem - are there any bits in particular? :smile:

Not really, i'm just really bad on it overall
Not really, i'm just really bad on it overall

I bet you're not! I'd probably suggest you start by making a timeline of all the different dates you need to know for each topic and you could perhaps turn these into flashcards so you can ensure you remember them :smile:
Reply 6
I bet you're not! I'd probably suggest you start by making a timeline of all the different dates you need to know for each topic and you could perhaps turn these into flashcards so you can ensure you remember them :smile:

aw thanks so much, sounds really helpful :biggrin:
aw thanks so much, sounds really helpful :biggrin:

No problem. If you do past papers and have any issues, let me know and I'll see what I can do for you :smile:
Hi there! I'm taking roughly the same as you, except in science I'm doing unit 2 and 3, maths higher and my options were Media Studies, German, Art and Business (I hate it and I don't know why I took it haha). I don't see a lot of schools taking English language and literature, but we're doing that too c: If you need any help with science or English let me know c:
I just saw this and decided why not put out my GCSEs which I did last year :biggrin:

WJEC Geography
WJEC English Literature
AQA English Language
AQA Maths
AQA Core Science
AQA Additional Science
AQA Textiles
OCR Sociology
Edexcel RE

I've mostly forgotten the units and paper numbers and what not.. honestly after you're finished with all your exams you won't remember anything about those papers 😂 I still remember how happy and relieved I was the day I finished my Additional science exam, my last exam ever!! I skipped out of school 😂😂 17th June!! I have no idea how i still remember the date!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
No problem. If you do past papers and have any issues, let me know and I'll see what I can do for you :smile:

Original post by rebecca.jb
Hi there! I'm taking roughly the same as you, except in science I'm doing unit 2 and 3, maths higher and my options were Media Studies, German, Art and Business (I hate it and I don't know why I took it haha). I don't see a lot of schools taking English language and literature, but we're doing that too c: If you need any help with science or English let me know c:

Thanks so much, I will let you know :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest