This is a thread where you can ask any question about the exams etc. :smile:

When entering the thread answer these questions:
Are you doing double or triple?
What is your target for biology?
Are you prepared for the exams?
Which is your favourite topic/unit?
Any predictions for the 6 markers?

The 2016 papers are now out for revision use on the AQA website :smile:
Any useful revision resources, post below and I'll add them to the op so that everyone can see them :smile:
Good luck everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1) I am doing triple science.
2) My target is hopefully an A/A* (I want to do biology for A-level too so it would be helpful)
3) I don't think I'm prepared enough but I can't change what I didn't do so I'm trying really hard now.
4) My favourite unit is B3 because you get to learn much more about the human/plant body in depth (such as the heart, active transport, kidney failure etc)
5) Not really :-/. I'm not that good with predictions.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm just re-taking my B1 and I haven't started revision I should be worried right?
Reply 3
Everyone shisha's going to come up on b1 spread the word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by considering
I'm just re-taking my B1 and I haven't started revision I should be worried right?

I assume you have some kind of basic understanding of some of the topics. If so, and you aren't studying for a load of other exams then I think you're ok. If I'm honest I haven't done a significant amount and I have 22 exams after this one!
Original post by Lemur14
I assume you have some kind of basic understanding of some of the topics. If so, and you aren't studying for a load of other exams then I think you're ok. If I'm honest I haven't done a significant amount and I have 22 exams after this one!

Thanks and wow i wish you the best of luck in them!!!! :smile:
im doing all 3 sciences from AQA and have been predicted an A but working towards an A*
Original post by sahil_01
Everyone shisha's going to come up on b1 spread the word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is shisha?
Reply 8
Shisha is a water-pipe, popular in many Arab countries, in which fruit-scented tobacco is burnt using coal, passed through an ornate water vessel and inhaled through a hose.
Hey, does anyone have any predictions on what will come up on Tuesday the 16th. Thanks
B1 done! Not bad at all- absolute dream 6 marker- the stuff om on mitochondrial disease and auxins were a little odd but not too bad IMO.
Well that's 50% of my biology GCSE I can't do anything about any more!
Think it went alright, and I got an A on the paper I did yesterday so hopefully I'm ok with the mark I got today, whatever that was.
Only thing is, I didn't quite finish so I know I can't have got more than a certain mark which is a shame

Posted from TSR Mobile
any predictions/ analysis showing what came up in the previous years
Are you doing double or triple? Additional
What is your target for biology? A/A*
Are you prepared for the exams? Somewhat Yes
Which is your favourite topic/unit? Structure and function of leaf
Any predictions for the 6 markers? Enzymes, maybe, not good with predictions
Original post by Miniminter7
Are you doing double or triple? Additional
What is your target for biology? A/A*
Are you prepared for the exams? Somewhat Yes
Which is your favourite topic/unit? Structure and function of leaf
Any predictions for the 6 markers? Enzymes, maybe, not good with predictions

That's interesting, I hate the structure of a leaf lol, it just doesn't go in and stick!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
That's interesting, I hate the structure of a leaf lol, it just doesn't go in and stick!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tell me about it
Hope it went well for everyone today :smile:
I definitely found B2 easier than B3 by some way (more than the expected difference), mostly because my teacher correctly predicted a lot of B2, and because of awful teachers in B1/B2 we ended up in a lot of extra sessions to fix it, while for B3 I just found it difficult all the way through tbh and we had limited revision sessions as "we'd only learnt it this year"

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the Biology QWC it gave us two pages to write the answer, but on the second page there were only a few lines on it... so I just continued to write on the page but without any lines. WILL IT BE MARKED?! I am so worried that they won't mark it and so I will lose so many marks... I think I have done that for the other science exams as well. And I don't just do that on the QWCs normally under the questions they give you like 4 lines and I will use them up and then write small underneath the lines but not too much writing, normally just another lines worth and I am so worried?!?!?!
Are you doing double or triple? I dont know what this means
What is your target for biology? C
Are you prepared for the exams? Not as much as I could be
Which is your favourite topic/unit? Disease and immunity
Any predictions for the 6 markers? ADH in the kidneys
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Kurt Cobain
Are you doing double or triple? I dont know what this means
What is your target for biology? C
Are you prepared for the exams? Not as much as I could be
Which is your favourite topic/unit? Disease and immunity
Any predictions for the 6 markers? ADH in the kidneys