The Student Room Group

Feminism is NOT equality

sexist, stupid and promotes man-hating, any other evidence to deny this from feminists?

Scroll to see replies

As I said in another thread, what feminists mean by "equal rights for men and women" is "we want all the privileges and rights than men get all the while still maintaining our own and picking and choosing between gender norms and equality when it suits us". Feminists don't give a f*** about men or men's rights, lettuce be real.
Reply 2
Original post by WoodyMKC
As I said in another thread, what feminists mean by "equal rights for men and women" is "we want all the privileges and rights than men get all the while still maintaining our own and picking and choosing between gender norms and equality when it suits us". Feminists don't give a f*** about men or men's rights, lettuce be real.

THANK YOU!!!!! it just proves that you can promote equality and NOT be a feminist. by definition it is sexist.
Original post by WoodyMKC

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Original post by JimJam10
THANK YOU!!!!! it just proves that you can promote equality and NOT be a feminist. by definition it is sexist.

We already had an increasing number of people campaigning for gender equality with great progress over the years before feminism came along, so not only is it lies that they're all about equality because otherwise it'd be a redundant movement when there's already one in place, but it also undermines to work of all those beforehand that did a lot to bring in more equality between genders.
Reply 5
Original post by EternalLight
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I agree, equalism is the way forward, feminism is just for women.
They aren't taken serious.
Reply 7
The whole point of feminism is equality.

It's meant to be the opposite of sexist

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Liv9919

Posted from TSR Mobile

feminism is sexism, you are badly mistaken.
Reply 9
Do u see meninists standing up for gay mens rights, male body shaming and male rape....
I don't think so....

Just because it's called FEMINISM dosent mean it only helps females

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feminists just get laughed at by 90% of the female population :laugh: They think they speak for all women when in fact they speak for themselves, a small minority of women with a superiority complex.
Original post by Liv9919
Do u see meninists standing up for gay mens rights, male body shaming and male rape....
I don't think so....

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's probably because meninism is nothing more than an internet meme and a parody of feminism.
Original post by Liv9919

Posted from TSR Mobile

See my first post above.
actually alot of feminists do fight for men's rights e.g for paternity leave, trying to get rid of the stigma around men/boys being emotional and feeling the need to be 'masculine' etc.

it doesn't promote man hating at all, feminism aims for equal political,economic and social rights for both women AND men
Reply 14
Original post by Liv9919
I don't think so....

Posted from TSR Mobile

feminism is named after the FEMALE gender!!!!!! meninism is just a nice parody, feminism doesn't stand up for men in any way!!! u r all man-haters, I will prove it if you care to respond.
Reply 15
Original post by ithinkitslily
actually alot of feminists do fight for men's rights e.g for paternity leave, trying to get rid of the stigma around men/boys being emotional and feeling the need to be 'masculine' etc.

it doesn't promote man hating at all, feminism aims for equal political,economic and social rights for both women AND men

u r sadly mistaken, feminism is designed to stand up for women and demonise men, you need to do more research if u think feminism stands for equality.
Original post by JimJam10
u r sadly mistaken, feminism is designed to stand up for women and demonise men, you need to do more research if u think feminism stands for equality.

yes it is designed to stand up for women, because historically we are worse off then men (i'm not saying in every aspect of life, but generally) but not for demonising men at all!

i think you need to do a bit more research into feminists who work towards the equality of both sexes
Reply 17
Original post by ithinkitslily
yes it is designed to stand up for women, because historically we are worse off then men (i'm not saying in every aspect of life, but generally) but not for demonising men at all!

i think you need to do a bit more research into feminists who work towards the equality of both sexes

by definition, feminism is the promotion of women's rights. nothing wrong with that but that is ALL that feminism is, there's nothing about helping men to achieve equality, helping men get jobs etc.
also, you complain about the gender pay gap, rape etc, but the divorce legal system is STRONGLY sexist against men, feminism goes very quiet when that is brought up...
Threads like this are such a circlejerk, this is not a debate. Just a ton of people who already have preconceived feelings about feminists and ***** about them while up voting each others comments. You would think that people so heavily against feminism would be promoting male equality and help others identify issues resolved around men, but nope you would just rather ***** about feminists instead. Don't pretend that you care about equality.
I would disagree.

Most feminists are not sexist and truly believe that men and women should be equal.

However, the problem with feminism is that the job is already done. Men and women have the same rights and are entirely equal in our modern society.

This can sometimes cause feminists to go overboard when looking for a way to rationalise their feminist identity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending