The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
^^^ You read it. Any questions that is linked to the title.

Same! What part of India?
Reply 2
Are you religious?
Kursi baglo badana sadki majilio?
Reply 4
Original post by chinkinator
Are you religious?

Well i tend to go to temples and etc. But when religion gets in my way of daily life and happiness i'm not very religious during that time. But i tend to not eat like pork, and beef.

Original post by Anvaya
Same! What part of India?

TN
Why are you anon?
How much do you know about/have you studied Hinduism? :smile:
Er are you not going to my answer my question??
Reply 8
Original post by emerald7770
Er are you not going to my answer my question??

what language? I'm tamil
Reply 9
Original post by Poooky
How much do you know about/have you studied Hinduism? :smile:

let's say i've lived in india for a long time, went to loads of temple and i know the basics.
what language? I'm tamil

Wott u wrote Indian btw haha.. nvm. I do know a bit of ur language

Lovulla lovulla lovulla ehh
Original post by emerald7770
Wott u wrote Indian btw haha.. nvm. I do know a bit of ur language

Lovulla lovulla lovulla ehh

aiyai yoo. Enna idthu koduma?
Is it true that in Hinduism, god has no form?
aiyai yoo. Enna idthu koduma?

I'm sorry I'm joking idk hindi or Tamil

I just remember lovulla because of my ex Tamil friend and there's this song callrd luvalla that I jammed to
let's say i've lived in india for a long time, went to loads of temple and i know the basics.

I see :smile: How does Hinduism differ throughout India? E.g. which texts/deities are given more importance in the south compared to the north or west?
Reply 15
Rotis.

Discuss?
Original post by Unnamed User
Is it true that in Hinduism, god has no form?

nope.
nope.

“na tasya pratima asti”
There is no image of Him.”
[Yajurveda 32:3]
“shudhama poapvidham”
“He is bodyless and pure.”
[Yajurveda 40:8]

https://invitationtotruth.wordpress.com/2007/12/14/hinduism-one-god-and-no-idol-worship/
I don't know if they translated it correctly, but what does this mean? (I can't read that language (I think it's sanskrit))
(edited 6 years ago)
before asking questions regarding god, lemme say one thing.

In Hinduism, there are 3 main gods: Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva. (AKA the trio)

Many Hindus however assert to this and do not follow in this way. They believe in other gods such as Ganesh, Krishna, etc. However these were more of kings rather than actual Gods. I.e like Kings of Olympus (zeus, Neptune, etc)

Original post by Poooky
I see :smile: How does Hinduism differ throughout India? E.g. which texts/deities are given more importance in the south compared to the north or west?

In south india, gods like Krishna is seen more important, and towards the north, gods like Ganesh is seen important. But it really scatters a lot cuz people sometimes claim that it's the other way around or etc. From my experience, that's how i've seen it. Generally North Indians are more religious in terms of going to temple, praying etc, but MAINLY they tend to use the religious books ( Vedas, etc)

But when it comes to South Indians, more of them generally devote their life to god (i.e: A priest). But at the same time, people in south india go to temples and but they tend to use those religious books less. For example my Mother is part of the Saurashtra community (derived from Punjab) and she is EXTREMELY religious. However unlike other Hindus, she relies more on fasting and temple, rather than books.
Original post by Unnamed User
“na tasya pratima asti”
There is no image of Him.”
[Yajurveda 32:3]
“shudhama poapvidham”
“He is bodyless and pure.”
[Yajurveda 40:8]

https://invitationtotruth.wordpress.com/2007/12/14/hinduism-one-god-and-no-idol-worship/
I don't know if they translated it correctly, but what does this mean? (I can't read it)

Never seen that.

Certain people like to think that there are no images. I however do not believe that. I believe that the Trimurti (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trimurti) is the source of the 3 main gods, Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.

Latest

Trending

Trending