The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS History (new): Route G - Nationalism, Dictatorship and Democracy 20th Cent

Scroll to see replies

anyone sitting Germany this Wednesday?

Feeling so unprepared at the moment - the questions better not screw us over. 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did everyone find it? I liked the "Were education and culture the same in Weimar and the FRG?" section B question, I had a load to write about because I revised the night before 😁😁 the "To what extent do you agree the main consequence of the Treaty of Versailles was political extremism?" was alright, I probably should have mentioned the Munich Putsch in hindsight but ah well, wrote about the Kapp Putsch and Spartacist revolt but mainly focused on reparations causing an unstable economy as the main cause (and mentioned democracy being a factor BC why not). Not too keen on the Section C, bit of an awkward one to answer about Lebensraum being the main reason for war with some slightly odd sources imo but overall could have been a lot worse (like that evil core 1 paper this morning, aqa can bugger off!). What do you all think?
Original post by CrazyTeaParties
How did everyone find it? I liked the "Were education and culture the same in Weimar and the FRG?" section B question, I had a load to write about because I revised the night before 😁😁 the "To what extent do you agree the main consequence of the Treaty of Versailles was political extremism?" was alright, I probably should have mentioned the Munich Putsch in hindsight but ah well, wrote about the Kapp Putsch and Spartacist revolt but mainly focused on reparations causing an unstable economy as the main cause (and mentioned democracy being a factor BC why not). Not too keen on the Section C, bit of an awkward one to answer about Lebensraum being the main reason for war with some slightly odd sources imo but overall could have been a lot worse (like that evil core 1 paper this morning, aqa can bugger off!). What do you all think?

omg this is really freaky but you literally just spoke my mind, like COMPLETELY. I too liked education/culture because i studied it on the last minute. I found the Main consequence of TOV awkward and forgot to mention Kapp/Munich, but my other points were economy and democracy aswell omg.. (I thought democracy was wrong and panicked when nobody else from my class discussed it - you have no idea how much relief i feel knowing I am not alone now :biggrin:)

The rest of my class found section C great but i didn't expect them to be so specific so as to talk about Lebensraum! .. also i actually ended up messing up by delving into the whole ''opportunism vs masterplanner'' debate in the end, instead of remaining focused on the question.. :frown:

i just rlly hope my examiner isn't too savage, which are you sitting On Tues, Italy or Spain? (i do Spain)
Original post by Demesne7
omg this is really freaky but you literally just spoke my mind, like COMPLETELY. I too liked education/culture because i studied it on the last minute. I found the Main consequence of TOV awkward and forgot to mention Kapp/Munich, but my other points were economy and democracy aswell omg.. (I thought democracy was wrong and panicked when nobody else from my class discussed it - you have no idea how much relief i feel knowing I am not alone now :biggrin:)

The rest of my class found section C great but i didn't expect them to be so specific so as to talk about Lebensraum! .. also i actually ended up messing up by delving into the whole ''opportunism vs masterplanner'' debate in the end, instead of remaining focused on the question.. :frown:

i just rlly hope my examiner isn't too savage, which are you sitting On Tues, Italy or Spain? (i do Spain)

I've got Italy, I like the source questions but I'm quite dodgy on most of it so I need to start some intense revision super quick! I really want an A, I've worked super hard all year but my essay writing sometimes can be a bit dodgy, god I hope the markers are nice.
I kinda mentioned in C that one was a more intentionalist view of Lebensraum whereas one was more Structuralist, in using it for convenience to excuse ideological desires - was that a bad idea??? Aghhh! History essay marking is so unpredictable and scary 😨😨
I've got Italy, I like the source questions but I'm quite dodgy on most of it so I need to start some intense revision super quick! I really want an A, I've worked super hard all year but my essay writing sometimes can be a bit dodgy, god I hope the markers are nice.
I kinda mentioned in C that one was a more intentionalist view of Lebensraum whereas one was more Structuralist, in using it for convenience to excuse ideological desires - was that a bad idea??? Aghhh! History essay marking is so unpredictable and scary 😨😨

I said they were both intentionalist but I have no idea wtf I was rambling on about tbh, I was rushing it because of severe time constraints :/

Also my main weakness is the sources on paper 2 😂😂 do you have a particular structure that you adhere to for 8/12 markers? I find them so hard to structure

The 20 markers im ok with, altho it depends on the nature of the question really :redface: sometimes they can also be a total mess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh, that bless feeling when the 20 mark essay is almost the exact same question as the one from your recent mock!!! 😁😁😁 church-state relations from 1923-40, thank you Edexcel!! The sources were alright, but I might have butchered the weight one slightly - how did others find it?
Ahh, that bless feeling when the 20 mark essay is almost the exact same question as the one from your recent mock!!! 😁😁😁 church-state relations from 1923-40, thank you Edexcel!! The sources were alright, but I might have butchered the weight one slightly - how did others find it?

well I do Spain, but all in all was pretty decent over here too :smile: I'm just glad history is out of the way now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 107
Hello, how did you find exam? I think it went quite well, I was very worried and thought the essay questions would be a hard choice of 3. I spent too long on the sources questions, had to rush my conclusion on the essay question. I feel like I could have gone into more detail on the sources and should have used more own knowledge. Not much we can do now but lets hope we all get a nice examiner :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 108

Same here, I found that source quite hard to discuss a lot about in terms of weight, also there was not much limitations to talk about. I said it bears a considerable amount of weight because it allows the historian to understand:
How poor they performed
Why they performed so bad
Hitlers views towards this
Despite the problems they remained friends
etc.
Any year 13's doing the exam on June 9th? :crossedf:
Damn does anyone know what questions came up on the China and Russia section?
Original post by WhitneyHouston
Any year 13's doing the exam on June 9th? :crossedf:

Yep Germany and Spain, if ur doing the same do u have any resources? ?or essays?? Please dm
Original post by lascelles101
Yep Germany and Spain, if ur doing the same do u have any resources? ?or essays?? Please dm

Ahh I'm doing Germany and Italy - apart from my notes i literally have nothing aha, but if i find something ill defo DM you
How are you feeling for Germany - i feel so bad for it ahahah
Ahh I'm doing Germany and Italy - apart from my notes i literally have nothing aha, but if i find something ill defo DM you
How are you feeling for Germany - i feel so bad for it ahahah[/QUO

😢😢😢😨😨😨😨😱😱😱😵😳😲 that's how I'm feeling 😂😂
[QUOTE="lascelles101;71753528"]
How are you feeling for Germany - i feel so bad for it ahahah[/QUO

😢😢😢😨😨😨😨😱😱😱😵😳😲 that's how I'm feeling 😂😂

hahahahahah same dw feel so much worse for it this year than i did last year tbh
Are you by any chance doing Britain as your third paper?
[QUOTE="WhitneyHouston;71757710"]

hahahahahah same dw feel so much worse for it this year than i did last year tbh

I do Britain, Germany and Italy.
British warfare is my worst. Not really revising it atm because its my last exam but I might be too lazy by the time that comes lol.

Yh sorry I do tudors spain and Germany in reverse order

Britain? Oh my gosh, after so long... wait, which Britain are you taking? Warfare? Social Media Evolution? Empire? Parliamentary Reform?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar. :frown:
[QUOTE="Firenze26;71770140"]

Britain? Oh my gosh, after so long... wait, which Britain are you taking? Warfare? Social Media Evolution? Empire? Parliamentary Reform?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar. :frown:

Im doing Parliamentary reform you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending