The Student Room Group

Two postgraduate offers accepted(FEE)

Hello guys,

I accepted two conditional offers for postgraduate courses, as i've read it's possible own 2 firms for a postgraduate, once of them i accepted by UKPASS, and the other one i accepted on the site of northumbria University.

I would ask is that really possible, as i also read in northumbria's website, that if i accept an offer and then i won't join to uni i may pay a fee.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by alby1492
Hello guys,

I accepted two conditional offers for postgraduate courses, as i've read it's possible own 2 firms for a postgraduate, once of them i accepted by UKPASS, and the other one i accepted on the site of northumbria University.

I would ask is that really possible, as i also read in northumbria's website, that if i accept an offer and then i won't join to uni i may pay a fee.

Thanks

It is possible to accept more than one postgrad offer, but unis can decide to charge a deposit if they want to. So Northumbria has decided to charge that non-refundable deposit. Many unis don't.
Reply 2
Original post by Klix88
It is possible to accept more than one postgrad offer, but unis can decide to charge a deposit if they want to. So Northumbria has decided to charge that non-refundable deposit. Many unis don't.

thanks for your answer,

What do you mean charge that non-refundable deposit?
Reply 3
thanks for your answer,

What do you mean charge that non-refundable deposit?

They will charge a fee that they won't give back if you decide to go elsewhere.
Reply 4
Original post by Klix88
They will charge a fee that they won't give back if you decide to go elsewhere.

ok thanks
Reply 5
even though i will not get the conditions, is there any way for not paying it?

You can accept as many postgraduate offers as you like, and then decline them when you have the one you really want. However, this process makes life very difficult for the Universities, so if they want your acceptance to really mean yes, then they charge you a non-refundable deposit, so if you change your mind, it costs you money.

You aren't clear, but it is possible that Northumberland are saying you have to pay a non-refundable deposit if you want to accept their offer. So if you say yes to them, and then change your mind, you won't get your money back.
Reply 7
Original post by threeportdrift
You can accept as many postgraduate offers as you like, and then decline them when you have the one you really want. However, this process makes life very difficult for the Universities, so if they want your acceptance to really mean yes, then they charge you a non-refundable deposit, so if you change your mind, it costs you money.

You aren't clear, but it is possible that Northumberland are saying you have to pay a non-refundable deposit if you want to accept their offer. So if you say yes to them, and then change your mind, you won't get your money back.

It says that:

6. FeeReductions
6.1.Home Full, Part Time and Distant Learning Students (Undergraduate and Postgraduate) With the exception of certain part-time Law Courses, which have historically charged a non-refundable pre-enrolment registration fee and an assessment fee (e.g. LLB Open-Learning and Distance-Learning programmes. All Home/ EU students who cease or pause their programme of study* at Northumbria University, will be liable for a tuition fee depending on the term in which they pause or cease their programme:
During term 1 a student will be charged 25% of the total academic year’s fee.
During term 2 a student will be charged 50% of the total academic year’s fee.
During term 3 a student will be charged 100% of the total academic year’s fee. *This includes through interruption, withdrawal, exclusion, suspension or expulsion from a programme of study

Yes, that's if you turn up on the first day of term, register for the course, and then leave. it doesn't cover saying yes now, and then either changing your mind, or just not turning up and registering (though why you'd do that I don't know)
Reply 9
Original post by threeportdrift
Yes, that's if you turn up on the first day of term, register for the course, and then leave. it doesn't cover saying yes now, and then either changing your mind, or just not turning up and registering (though why you'd do that I don't know)

Thanks for your ansewr
So i don't have to pay it if i cancel my acceptance in these days?
Thanks for your ansewr
So i don't have to pay it if i cancel my acceptance in these days?

You don't have to pay those fees unless you turn up and register on the first day of term.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending