The Student Room Group

*2017* A2 OCR PE Exam Predictions

Anyone have any predictions for this years exam that you have looked at or a teachers may have said?
Sections I'm doing are-

History
Psychology
Ex and Sport Physiology

Cheers

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing the same topics as you. I don't have any predictions but the majority of 20 markers for historical studies have been on the case study sports
I'm doing the same History spec, but can't find any predicted questions can somebody help us out ?
How are you guys feeling about the exam and how are you revising for it? what grade do you need to get
Reply 4
Whats everyones predictions for Comparative studies? I'm considering not revising areas that have appeared more than once as questions due to the unlikelihood of appearing again? Interested to hear what others predictions are
Reply 5
Original post by jack_wild7
Anyone have any predictions for this years exam that you have looked at or a teachers may have said?
Sections I'm doing are-

History
Psychology
Ex and Sport Physiology

Cheers

My teacher thinks that for psychology a 20 marker on goal setting could be asked as it hasn't before.

For history other people predict that athletics may be asked
Reply 6
Hey I'm doing the same sections tomorrow and I have ono idea of any predictions or whats gonna come up. Im totally unprepared and really scared and annoyed at myself for not working hard enough. Im studying sport science at University too.....
Hi, I'm doing the same topics as well. Also random question but does anybody know if it's actually possible to get an a* at a level, because on the grade boundaries it actually only goes up to an a
Reply 8
Original post by cmcdonald
Hi, I'm doing the same topics as well. Also random question but does anybody know if it's actually possible to get an a* at a level, because on the grade boundaries it actually only goes up to an a

Don't think you can access an A* at A2.
I know I sound desperate, but any tips for last minute revision tonight? Anything that would help me please. Have you got any predictions for 20 markers tomorrow?
Original post by jl54321
Don't think you can access an A* at A2.
I know I sound desperate, but any tips for last minute revision tonight? Anything that would help me please. Have you got any predictions for 20 markers tomorrow?

aha i suggest to go through as much of the content as you can. also a good tip is to go through the mark schemes because it simply bullet points what you need to actually put. also it shows you exactly what the examiner is looking for. I'm not really sure about 20 marker predictions to be honest but according to mypeexam.com there are a few hot topics so make sure to revise them tonight. For historical it will probably be Athletics case study and the national curriculum. Physiology is fitness training programmes and recovery. psychology is attribution and leadership.
But just an FYI that's not for certain, it's just a prediction
An A* is 85 out of 105 on the paper and making sure you got an A at AS and your practical is and A. Its like 180 UMS out of 200. But definitely need 85/105 at A2.
Reply 11
aha i suggest to go through as much of the content as you can. also a good tip is to go through the mark schemes because it simply bullet points what you need to actually put. also it shows you exactly what the examiner is looking for. I'm not really sure about 20 marker predictions to be honest but according to mypeexam.com there are a few hot topics so make sure to revise them tonight. For historical it will probably be Athletics case study and the national curriculum. Physiology is fitness training programmes and recovery. psychology is attribution and leadership.
But just an FYI that's not for certain, it's just a prediction

Thanks so much mate
Original post by jl54321
Thanks so much mate

No probs man hope it goes well. Also when answering the short answer questions try to think of as many points as there is marks. Also if you have time I sometimes put like loads more points just in case like one of them doesn't count or isn't on the mark scheme, hopefully that will ensure that you get the majority of marks
Reply 13
No probs man hope it goes well. Also when answering the short answer questions try to think of as many points as there is marks. Also if you have time I sometimes put like loads more points just in case like one of them doesn't count or isn't on the mark scheme, hopefully that will ensure that you get the majority of marks

Cheers! Hope it goes really well for you as well
Reply 14
recovery, attribution theory, leadership, athletics and national curriculum.
Reply 15
Original post by j23m09
recovery, attribution theory, leadership, athletics and national curriculum.

What kind of stuff for recovery??

And what is the attribution theory lol
Reply 16
im so scared
Reply 17
Original post by tomdeeks
im so scared

I am so so terrified haha
Reply 18
Attribution theory by Werner the reasons given by a coach for success and failure and also for recovery it might be lacacid or a lactacid
Reply 19
Does anyone think a question like the 2012 20 market on recovery could come up

Quick Reply

Latest