The Student Room Group

International Baccalaureate Results Day 5th July 2017 Chat Thread

Hi, everybody! :smile:

So this is the:

Official TSR IB Results day chat thread

If anyone has any questions about results day, what happens in terms of offers, or just want to chat in the lead up to results coming out! this is the place :smile:

We will try and answer your questions as promptly as possible! :h:

We will also make a thread soon called "IB Results 2017 - I need help with my results / Adjustment / Clearing options" so you can ask your questions there to ensure that your questions will not be swallowed by the general chatter that is happening!

Just @wolfmoon88, @DreamlinerFinder, @artful_lounger if you have any questions about anything!

Good luck everybody and I hope that everyone gets the results or exceeds the results they are hoping for!

In the article below, there are some helpful tips on IB and results day :smile: it might answer more general questions you may have!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/international-baccalaureate/why-doing-the-ib-will-give-you-the-edge-ahead-of-results-day-this-summer

@She-Ra
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
thank you for making this forum.
since the universities on your ucas see your IB results before the candidates do themselves, will UCAS be updated (unconditoinal, unsuccessful, etc) before we see our IB results?
Reply 2
Original post by musso123
since the universities on your ucas see your IB results before the candidates do themselves, will UCAS be updated (unconditoinal, unsuccessful, etc) before we see our IB results?

Results will be sent to UCAS on the 5th of July, a day before students can log in and see their results. They check over to see if your subjects match the ones you mentioned in the application and passes it on to the university. Depending on the speed in which the university that you firmed/insured operates (and if your UCAS application has any flaws, e.g. wrongly reported subjects etc...), your offer status could be updated before you can login and see your IB results. Knowing the speed in which UK universities operate, I wouldn't count on it though (they are quite slow) but it is a possibility. It should be updated within 1 week. If it doesn't get updated within a week, email the university and ask: although by then you'll probably know if you made your offer already.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by musso123

As @wolfmoon88 said above - it's unlikely that Track will be updated on IB results day.

Also some centres/entrants don't sign up to get their results included in the file sent to UCAS (and universities) so it's worth sending your university an email on results day asking them to confirm that they've received your results from UCAS. If they haven't then you'll need to send through your grades/scanned results directly.

If you've missed your offer then you might have a bit of a wait on your hands depending on the university - some will want to wait for A level grades before deciding on missed grades. That doesn't stop you from looking at the clearing lists on UCAS and even contacting possible universities to ask about places through clearing before then. Often if you give a university an ultimatum (I have other options elsewhere - I need you to decide in 1 week or reject me) then they'll make the decision they're going to make anyway in a months time (we know roughly by now if we're going to be accepting lower grades or not for each course....universities just often put applicants in limbo to make their own lives easier).
Reply 4
Thanks for making this thread!

Will we have to wait until A-level results day to register to adjustment?

Or can we register on July 5th?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Reizzy

See PQ's reply below
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Reizzy

If your firm is made unconditional before A level results then you have to wait until A level results day for the Adjustment button to appear on Track.

There's nothing to stop you contacting potential universities before then though and they might be willing to offer you a place through clearing which you can enter earlier with the agreement of your firm choice.
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
If your firm is made unconditional before A level results then you have to wait until A level results day for the Adjustment button to appear on Track.

There's nothing to stop you contacting potential universities before then though and they might be willing to offer you a place through clearing which you can enter earlier with the agreement of your firm choice.

I thought I can only change university, five days since when my firm is made unconditional.

So adjustment button only appears after the A-level results day? not when my firm is made unconditional?

I'm really confused.
Original post by Reizzy
I thought I can only change university, five days since when my firm is made unconditional.

So adjustment button only appears after the A-level results day? not when my firm is made unconditional?

I'm really confused.

The button appears on Track either on A level results day (if your firm went unconditional before then) or if your firm goes unconditional AFTER A level results day then the button appears then.

If you're IB and meet and exceed your offer then the earliest the button will appear is A level results day.

But you can approach universities you're interested in adjusting to before the button appears.
Reply 9
Original post by PQ
The button appears on Track either on A level results day (if your firm went unconditional before then) or if your firm goes unconditional AFTER A level results day then the button appears then.

If you're IB and meet and exceed your offer then the earliest the button will appear is A level results day.

But you can approach universities you're interested in adjusting to before the button appears.

I got it :smile:
Thanks a lot for the help!!!
oh my god.... i'm honestly so scared :frown: what's worse is that because of my timezone, I don't get my results until july 6th, and even though our coordinators get them on the 5th they aren't going to tell us what our results are.........
Original post by tchaikovskyed
oh my god.... i'm honestly so scared :frown: what's worse is that because of my timezone, I don't get my results until july 6th, and even though our coordinators get them on the 5th they aren't going to tell us what our results are.........

UK by any chance?

dude same, what time GMT will you be able to see them?
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
UK by any chance?

No, Malaysia :frown: and we get ours at 8pm, so hurrah for a day of agony and waiting! :smile: :smile: :smile:
No, Malaysia :frown: and we get ours at 8pm, so hurrah for a day of agony and waiting! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Ok, that sounds like it will be bad ( I'm a May 2018 IB'er, but helping out here). :goodluck:
Hi :smile:

I'm not a full IB diploma candidate, but i did take one ib HL. it ended up not being a part of my conditional offer but i still ordered transcripts to be sent. Will my unis still see/look at my score even though it wasnt part of my conditions?

Good luck to everyone tomorrow :smile:

Not even 8 pm btw cuz it's released starting from 8 pm... we might be waiting for a while :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kqsruno

I'm not a full IB diploma candidate, but i did take one ib HL. it ended up not being a part of my conditional offer but i still ordered transcripts to be sent. Will my unis still see/look at my score even though it wasnt part of my conditions?

They will might look at the score but it might not, anyhow it won't matter that much anyways as long as you meet your condition.

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kqsruno

As long as you meet the grades it doesn't matter the score you get.
Good luck for tomorrow everyone - hope it works out well for you all!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending