The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CoolCavy
:penguinhug:

i learned soup today :gah: im keeping all the recipes in a notebook for uni :work:

@Airmed :mmm:

That's so cute and actually such a good idea Cav!
@Jack22031994 actually gave me a really nice soup recipe, he can share it with you too if you are interested? :mmm:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
@Jack22031994 actually gave me a really nice soup recipe, he can share it with you too if you are interested? :mmm:

Yeah share away! :smile: i cant keep this from the world. Its too good! :rofl:

ty cheese :hugs: just want to be prepared yknow :redface: makes me less stressed :redface:
and yes pls :lovie: if he doesn't mind ofc? :blushing:
ty cheese :hugs: just want to be prepared yknow :redface: makes me less stressed :redface:

Ofc not! :smile: its too good not to share :lol:

It's a great idea! Might pinch it :hide:
Jack22031994
2 Bags of Watercress A bag of Spinach 1/2bag of Kale 2 Leeks (the green part) 1 Glove of Garlic 2 Potatoes 2 Small or 1 Large Onion 2 Pints of Vegetable Stock (Preferably Bouillon) Knob of butter Melt the butter in a pan, and add the chopped onion, leek, potato Fry for 2 mins Add the Spinach, Kale and Watercress stir until everything is coated in melted butter Add a pinch of Salt, then stir cover and leave to sweat for about 15 minutes. Stir halfway through Add stock, bring to simmering point, stir and cover for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are tender If you want to liquidise, remove from heat and leave to cool down (but not go cold). Return to heat for a couple of mins

here it is :lovehug:
goodnight Cavsicle :lovie2:
Original post by Jack22031994
Ofc not! :smile: its too good not to share :lol:

It's a great idea! Might pinch it :hide:

here it is :lovehug:
goodnight Cavsicle :lovie2:

Thanks guys :hugs:
pausing this for a bit

@Paracosm please may you close this thread
Thanks guys :hugs:

No Problem! :h:
pausing this for a bit

:bawling:
I wanted to make this post because i feel that it is important and only right however i didn't know where to put it so i'm resurrecting this thread as to not derail any A level thread or anything :getmecoat:
if anyone failed to notice all the A level stuff going on on here all day then it is A level results day today, I am very pleased with my results as not only were they my actual target grades but they were my personal targets two (as sometimes there is a discrepancy between the two), no i'm not posting what they were as i'm aware some people didn't do as well as they wanted or missed their uni place and that would be insensitive. If people are really that interested that can ask me themselves privately.
That isn't really the point of this post though, the point of it is really just a final thank you to a fair few people. Upon receiving these results i feel like i can finally move on from this academic year and close that door so it seemed a good moment to make my gratitude known.
At the risk of this sounding like an Oscar's presentation I would really like to thank the following people:
A handful of tsr people offline (you all know who you are :grouphugs:), the tsr members on this site who take the time to quote me or PR me to show they care, the people who even if i dont speak to them anymore or we have drifted apart or they have been banned/left etc as their support is no less valid simply for being in the past, the ST (especially the PSV/MH mods like @Airmed, @Paracosm, @furryface12 and @Deyesy), the CT for putting up with me and being so supportive and lovely, my parent (:love:), 3 teachers who listened and really really helped and 2 strangers who saved me from doing something months ago which meant i could be sat here writing this
this was quite a small post but took me 2 hours to write because i fell asleep in the middle of it, i now have a raging headache as a result so please exscuse any typos :redface:
I know that these results were the outcome of my own work but a little network of lovely people has really helped make this year less horrible and more tolerable and as a consequence that has facilitated these results to happen
so thank you those people online and inrl who have gone out of their way to care :grouphugs:
(idk if anyone will ever read this but at least the thought was there :laugh:)
I wanted to make this post because i feel that it is important and only right however i didn't know where to put it so i'm resurrecting this thread as to not derail any A level thread or anything :getmecoat:
if anyone failed to notice all the A level stuff going on on here all day then it is A level results day today, I am very pleased with my results as not only were they my actual target grades but they were my personal targets two (as sometimes there is a discrepancy between the two), no i'm not posting what they were as i'm aware some people didn't do as well as they wanted or missed their uni place and that would be insensitive. If people are really that interested that can ask me themselves privately.
That isn't really the point of this post though, the point of it is really just a final thank you to a fair few people. Upon receiving these results i feel like i can finally move on from this academic year and close that door so it seemed a good moment to make my gratitude known.
At the risk of this sounding like an Oscar's presentation I would really like to thank the following people:
A handful of tsr people offline (you all know who you are :grouphugs:), the tsr members on this site who take the time to quote me or PR me to show they care, the people who even if i dont speak to them anymore or we have drifted apart or they have been banned/left etc as their support is no less valid simply for being in the past, the ST (especially the PSV/MH mods like @Airmed, @Paracosm, @furryface12 and @Deyesy), the CT for putting up with me and being so supportive and lovely, my parent (:love:), 3 teachers who listened and really really helped and 2 strangers who saved me from doing something months ago which meant i could be sat here writing this
this was quite a small post but took me 2 hours to write because i fell asleep in the middle of it, i now have a raging headache as a result so please exscuse any typos :redface:
I know that these results were the outcome of my own work but a little network of lovely people has really helped make this year less horrible and more tolerable and as a consequence that has facilitated these results to happen
so thank you those people online and inrl who have gone out of their way to care :grouphugs:

Well done Cavy :congrats: :lovehug:

Good luck in the coming future, you got it :hugs:

All the best with everything :hugs:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

i never know what half your posts mean but i appreciate you nonetheless :p::hugs:
Original post by Meany Pie
Well done Cavy :congrats: :lovehug:

Good luck in the coming future, you got it :hugs:

thank you so much :lovehug:

Original post by SassKing13
All the best with everything :hugs:

thank you sassking :hugs::cube:

Congratulations on getting your target grades Cavy, hopefully now you can go on to have the wonderful life you deserve, if you ever need help with anything you know I'll be here for you

:hugs:
Original post by chelseafreak
Congratulations on getting your target grades Cavy, hopefully now you can go on to have the wonderful life you deserve, if you ever need help with anything you know I'll be here for you

:hugs:

Thank you so much CF, you are one of the people who have always gone out their way to ask how i am etc and i appreciate it :hugs:
idk if i deserve a wonderful life :blushing: but i am certainly a bit more fired up about life than i have been in about 4 years :redface:
i am in two minds about deleting this thread, but i would like to think that if someone down and unmotivated ever stumbled across it later it would be encouraging for them to see that stuff can work out in the end, not completely (after all not everything is/was caused by a levels and there is still stuff i need to work on, probably with some proper help) but in a lot better a position than when this was started
Thank you CF you have been a consistent and amazing poster to me :hugs: hope you are doing well yourself x
Well done Hamster :smile:

Really well done on getting your targets- you have worked so hard for them and deserve to have done well! All the best for the future- you got this :smile:

Cavy, I am so bloody proud of you :cry2: You have done amazing and you completely, completely deserve it.
Original post by Skill Twix
Well done Hamster :smile:

Original post by Labrador99
Really well done on getting your targets- you have worked so hard for them and deserve to have done well! All the best for the future- you got this :smile:

Original post by Airmed
Cavy, I am so bloody proud of you :cry2: You have done amazing and you completely, completely deserve it.

thank you everyone :cry::grouphugs:

Latest