The Student Room Group

Anyone else fed up of the 'Trivago' advert everytime you watch YouTube?

Every time I watch a YouTube video I have to endure the same bloody Trivago advert. It's every bloody time. Yes we get the message and no after the hundreth time in two days I'm not more likely to use Trivago! It's like that stupid go compare advert when I was a kid.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Ambitious1999
Every time I watch a YouTube video I have to endure the same bloody Trivago advert. It's every bloody time. Yes we get the message and no after the hundreth time in two days I'm not more likely to use Trivago! It's like that stupid go compare advert when I was a kid.

Have you heard of Adblock?
yeah and always the pregnancy test advert

"clear blue, the only test that tells you how many weeks" i got it all in my head now
Original post by Ambitious1999

Same, I get fed up of that advert too......... :yep:

Because I preferred this one (such a great advert :love:)
[video="youtube;07Jt9jLD6BM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Jt9jLD6BM[/video]
First World Problems.
I get Trading212 and grammarly all the time :biggrin:
I honestly haven't had a youtube video ad in like 6 months, and I don't use adblock too. AdPocalypse OP.
I never get that ad. I GET FRICKEN TAI LOPEZ!! And his fake-inspirational, pretend to own a Lambo but actually rent it/ get rich quick/I pretend to care about you but I just want your money type of ads. Sometimes you can click or right click the exclamation mark icon at the bottom of ad to stop you getting the advert. It may take a while before Youtube registers this but clicking the exclamation mark each time when I got the ad, it eventually sort of worked. I turned Adblock off as I wanted to support my favourite Youtubers after the whole fiasco with advertisers leaving Youtube.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
I never get that ad. I GET FRICKEN TAI LOPEZ!! And his fake-inspirational, pretend to own a Lambo but actually rent it/ get rich quick/I pretend to care about you but I just want your money type of ads. Sometimes you can click or right click the exclamation mark icon at the bottom of ad to stop you getting the advert. It may take a while before Youtube registers this but clicking the exclamation mark each time when I got the ad, it eventually sort of worked. I turned Adblock off as I wanted to support my favourite Youtubers after the whole fiasco with advertisers leaving Youtube.

I got one telling me that we're at the end times and that the rapture is near - seriously :eek:
Original post by cbreef
I got one telling me that we're at the end times and that the rapture is near - seriously :eek:

Hahaha I know Youtube and other companies like to tailor ads to what you have searched and clicked but some are way off. Did you watch any religious videos beforehand?
Original post by Rex Onocrotalus

Grammarly is the only ad I don't mind since I use it know. It's not bad. Using it now!!:h:
Am fed up of all the adverts!
Original post by cbreef
First World Problems.

:rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get grammarly all the time too!! But I can never actually find it in the app store to ddownload it...I'm so easily sold too :colondollar:
Original post by anon_mous
I get grammarly all the time too!! But I can never actually find it in the app store to ddownload it...I'm so easily sold too :colondollar:

Grammarly is the only ad I don't mind since I use it know. It's not bad. Using it now!!:h:

I had it for a bit but I wasn't that keen on it. It often just suggested improvements which weren't needed :redface:
Hahaha I know Youtube and other companies like to tailor ads to what you have searched and clicked but some are way off. Did you watch any religious videos beforehand?

Hell no. I'm far from religious.
I hate having to see any advert that forces me to watch 30 seconds of it... especially if a user plasters 3+ of them across the entire video.
I had it for a bit but I wasn't that keen on it. It often just suggested improvements which weren't needed :redface:

Well at least I'm not missing out on much!
Original post by cbreef
Hell no. I'm far from religious.

See, God is working through Youtube to get to you!!!

Spoiler

It's on TV too, but no ****ing AdBlock

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest