The Student Room Group

Anyone studying Computer Science at University of Southampton?

Please reply urgently... need some reassurance :/

Thanks.
Original post by Kira Yagami
Please reply urgently... need some reassurance :/

Thanks.

I didn't but worked with a PG student from there and was taught by a guy who got his PhD there. Do you have any particular questions?
Original post by jestersnow
I didn't but worked with a PG student from there and was taught by a guy who got his PhD there. Do you have any particular questions?

It's nothing technical. I just want to know what offers people got when they wanted applied, what grades they achieved and in what subjects. I know most offers are AAA including an A in maths.

I think I got ABB/AAB in Biology,Maths and Chemistry and I am extremely worried. I firmed the uni and went to the open day/interview as well.

I only want to go to southampton and I live 5 minutes away from the university and I cannot retake next year because the spec for my all subjects will be changing...
It's nothing technical. I just want to know what offers people got when they wanted applied, what grades they achieved and in what subjects. I know most offers are AAA including an A in maths.

I think I got ABB/AAB in Biology,Maths and Chemistry and I am extremely worried. I firmed the uni and went to the open day/interview as well.

I only want to go to southampton and I live 5 minutes away from the university and I cannot retake next year because the spec for my all subjects will be changing...

So the guy I worked with text me back and got in with an AAB but that was a few years ago. The best thing to do is to contact the university and ask. It will put you out of your misery one way or another.
So the guy I worked with text me back and got in with an AAB but that was a few years ago. The best thing to do is to contact the university and ask. It will put you out of your misery one way or another.

do you know in what subjects he got these grades?
do you know in what subjects he got these grades?

Math (A) CS (A) History (B).
Math (A) CS (A) History (B).

Thanks. Do you stay in contact with him? I wonder if he would know what some of his friends achieved at a level... I know some people got accepted with ABB as well...

thanks.
Thanks. Do you stay in contact with him? I wonder if he would know what some of his friends achieved at a level... I know some people got accepted with ABB as well...

thanks.

Haven't chatted to him in a while and we're at work (in different places) atm so I will see what he says!

For most unis, their requirements are their ideal requirements. A few can be pretty inflexible, but normally you'll get a wee bit of wiggle room.
Haven't chatted to him in a while and we're at work (in different places) atm so I will see what he says!

For most unis, their requirements are their ideal requirements. A few can be pretty inflexible, but normally you'll get a wee bit of wiggle room.

I would greatly appreciate that! I really need some reassurance tbh... I'm not your average candidate who think has missed his offer, I've had a weird and long journey when it comes to A levels with many weird problems.

Thanks a lot!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending