The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Freshers Week Cardiff 2017

Does anyone know what dates (if I meet the grades) people begin to move into Cardiff's halls in September?? Also what is lined up for Fresher's?
I emailed them a couple days ago, and they told me move in day was between 20th-24th september, so I'm guessing you can choose which day you want to move in.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Move in Date is Specified on Your Sims Dashboard (where you applied to accomadation) On mine its the 20th Of Setember and Enrolment week is the 25th. There are lots of Groups on Facebook for Freshers events and even one large Group chat which you can be addeded to if you wish. If you want to have a link Mail Me.
Hopefully See you In September
Is anyone just going to wait and see where to go clubbing when they get there or is everyone buying the Paper wristband??
Reply 4
Original post by alexa_little99
Does anyone know what dates (if I meet the grades) people begin to move into Cardiff's halls in September?? Also what is lined up for Fresher's?

Second year at Cardiff uni here, if you login on sims it should tell you what dates you can move in between, I'd say move in as early as possible to get settled before freshers starts.
For freshers events there's Paper's freshers wristband, which you can get here:
http://fatso.ma/eufb

It guarantees you entry to all events for freshers' fortnight so it's good value for money.
Original post by isabelle12345
Is anyone just going to wait and see where to go clubbing when they get there or is everyone buying the Paper wristband??

I live near Cardiff and have friends there already, Some didnt buy wristbands some and said they just paid on the door and said they saw no real benifits. Im just going to go Clubbing in Soda, Prysm etc as Freshers week will be Mental <3
Reply 6
Hi Cardiff uni 4th year here!

The only place you can buy official Cardiff University fresher's week wristbands is via the students union website:
https://shop.cardiffstudents.com/freshers/

Any other tickets won't give you entry to the students union and you'll be turned away. I had a summer job at the union last year and there were SO many people who had bought unofficial tickets which we then had to turn away or they then had to buy another ticket to get in (they were pretty annoyed about being duped into buying the non-official tickets) :/

In my first year everyone in my flat just went to the freshers week nights at the students union and didn't really start going to town until like October/November time.

Hope this helps!
Reply 7
Any idea when tickets usually run out? Clubbing isn't something I've ever done so I don't think I'll go for the £30 one. The foam and doughnut ones sound cool though!
My advice: don't get a wristband, especially as you meet loads of people and not everyone will have the same one. Getting the student union one means you have to go to the same venue every night for 2 weeks, tickets are available on the door so just pick the events you want to go to. You can do the same for the Paper wristband so just wait to see what everyone else decides on doing so you don't waste money on a wristband!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending