The Student Room Group

19 in six months and want to get into Access course!!!

I have recently quitted my apprenticeship as it didn't work well...and I really want to get into uni next year so I have been looking at diplomas which is the perfect route as their are no other ways for me to turn!however the one I have looked at it starts in September this year yet I am turning 19 the following year in January.obviously if I don't start now I have nowhere and I don't want to wait another year!!ive applied but I'm worried because I was told it could be an exception for them to accept me...do you think it's possible and I've applied so will they or could they just let me in??im so worried and reliant as this course towards teaching is the best way for me to get in!!
Original post by skhan99
I have recently quitted my apprenticeship as it didn't work well...and I really want to get into uni next year so I have been looking at diplomas which is the perfect route as their are no other ways for me to turn!however the one I have looked at it starts in September this year yet I am turning 19 the following year in January.obviously if I don't start now I have nowhere and I don't want to wait another year!!ive applied but I'm worried because I was told it could be an exception for them to accept me...do you think it's possible and I've applied so will they or could they just let me in??im so worried and reliant as this course towards teaching is the best way for me to get in!!

There was an 18 year old who turned 19 on my access course, so I suppose it depends on individual providers. If you have applied via an application form, it may be worth emailing the provider to explain your situation and to let them know you are dedicated despite your age. If they decline to accept you it's really not the end of the world. You can just work for a year and then start the following September. You'll still likely be the youngest on your course. :smile:
Ahh well I did enquire about it before hand,should I still email?and yes quite true I maybe should do so,I guess it depends now as I'm not entirely sure how long it takes for me to get a reply 🙂
Original post by Wanderlust96
There was an 18 year old who turned 19 on my access course, so I suppose it depends on individual providers. If you have applied via an application form, it may be worth emailing the provider to explain your situation and to let them know you are dedicated despite your age. If they decline to accept you it's really not the end of the world. You can just work for a year and then start the following September. You'll still likely be the youngest on your course. :smile:
Original post by skhan99
Ahh well I did enquire about it before hand,should I still email?and yes quite true I maybe should do so,I guess it depends now as I'm not entirely sure how long it takes for me to get a reply 🙂

How long ago did you contact them and how did they respond?
I assume they have discretion to let you on but they normally prefer 19 year olds.

My advice is contact hem and politely ask when you might get a decision by.
I wouldnt be so worried and theres no need to be in such a rush. If you dont get on then you can get more experience to support your teaching application.
Just today and afterwards I applied online 😅
Original post by Wanderlust96
How long ago did you contact them and how did they respond?
Okay I will!and definitely maybe that's a good case aswell thanks!
Original post by 999tigger
I assume they have discretion to let you on but they normally prefer 19 year olds.

My advice is contact hem and politely ask when you might get a decision by.
I wouldnt be so worried and theres no need to be in such a rush. If you dont get on then you can get more experience to support your teaching application.
Original post by skhan99
Okay I will!and definitely maybe that's a good case aswell thanks!

Im just telling you to learn a little patience and not to worry, its not a race and uni will still be there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending