The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr Strange
Awww no :frown: Tbh I can understand that :redface: But don't worry - there will come a day when you prefer to :grin: before sleep - trust me :u: But in the meantime, you can have another :hugs: :h:

:colonhash: You're too kind :lol:

What do you mean by that? You need a good few hours of sleep :colonhash: And me, well, don't ask - it's rather complicated :colondollar:

I don't know whether I should be glad that you can understand...:tongue: I am impatiently waiting for that - think it might be today as I am to tired to cry :lol:

Sorry, I do mind :colonhash:

I got 5 hours of sleep :yep: Why is it complicated? :colondollar: do you have company at night? :blush:

Spoiler

Is everything OK sister? :console:
im scared.... i've fallen for a guy and im scared.....what if he leaves me? leaves me like the others did? He doesnt know yet, idk whether to tell him or not :cry2:
Original post by LunaCat
I don't know whether I should be glad that you can understand...:tongue: I am impatiently waiting for that - think it might be today as I am to tired to cry :lol:

:lol: That's a good thing tho :tongue: A break is always good :yep: Have fun today? :biggrin:

Sorry, I do mind :colonhash:

:colondollar: Sorry :puppyeyes:

I got 5 hours of sleep :yep: Why is it complicated? :colondollar: do you have company at night? :blush:

Spoiler

5 hours is pretty good :ahee:

:rofl: It's insomnia :redface:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by CleverSquirrel
im scared.... i've fallen for a guy and im scared.....what if he leaves me? leaves me like the others did? He doesnt know yet, idk whether to tell him or not :cry2:

Aww tell him! :biggrin: Beauty lies on the other side of fear :fyi:

If you win, you win. But even if you lose, all is not lost, because you'll still have memories and lessons for the future (both of which will help shape you as a person) :yes:

And truth be told, life's so short that we really shouldn't allow ourselves the time to worry, but we still do anyway :lol:

Anyway, all the best! :hugs:
:console:

You have the right to enjoy yourself too, y'know :yes: Want to collect moments? Do more of what you like doing. That'll be a start. :ahee:

Lol we belong to a phone-obsessed generation :colonhash: :rofl:
Aww tell him! :biggrin: Beauty lies on the other side of fear :fyi:

If you win, you win. But even if you lose, all is not lost, because you'll still have memories and lessons for the future (both of which will help shape you as a person) :yes:

And truth be told, life's so short that we really shouldn't allow ourselves the time to worry, but we still do anyway :lol:

Anyway, all the best! :hugs:

I guess you’re right, what have I got to lose? Ill do it tomorrow morning! :biggrin: :colondollar: ngl im scared… thank you for your advice though! Mucho appreciated!
Original post by LunaCat
Is everything OK sister? :console:

:hugs:
I don't know how to answer that :dontknow:
But it will be :yep: I'm giving it no choice. Going to be stubborn :biggrin:

Original post by CleverSquirrel

Aww :hugs: hope it works out. Sometimes fears play on our insecurities but we come out stronger beating them.

:console:

You have the right to enjoy yourself too, y'know :yes: Want to collect moments? Do more of what you like doing. That'll be a start. :ahee:

Lol we belong to a phone-obsessed generation :colonhash: :rofl:

So try to jump stairs without breaking my neck? Gave a thrill :rofl: inb4 what a kid, I was entertaining them at extreme levels. Now they've mastered the art of crawling down stairs too :colone:

I don't really know what I enjoy anymore tbh. I've changed a lot from what I used to be.

Was just trying to pack light :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, erm, it is possible :tongue: Omg getting hurt whilst showing off would be so awkward :eek:
Crawling down stairs :ahee: I used to do that a fair bit as a kid. But I also loved climbing on the handrail and sliding down :colondollar:

I don't really know what I enjoy anymore tbh. I've changed a lot from what I used to be.

Was just trying to pack light :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You might have changed but I know there's still a little kid in there somewhere :colone: We just need to find a way to get it out more :yes:

I see :lol:
Well, erm, it is possible :tongue: Omg getting hurt whilst showing off would be so awkward :eek:
Crawling down stairs :ahee: I used to do that a fair bit as a kid. But I also loved climbing on the handrail and sliding down :colondollar:

You might have changed but I know there's still a little kid in there somewhere :colone: We just need to find a way to get it out more :yes:

I see :lol:

:rofl: an enjoyable way to get hurt. Tbf I've had practice with these particular stairs when younger. But I still don't like the height :bawling:
Oooh sliding down handrails. :awesome: Don't give me ideas. There's a wall in the way :colonhash: :lol:

:hmmmm: i think the kid died :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile
-----------------------------------------------------------------
It rained so we can't go park :colonhash: ain't much else to do here
Why am I awake so early?
Feels confused
:s-smilie:
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm feeling knackered. Only had ~6 hours of sleep altogether over the past 4 nights.
Also kinda nervous as I'm starting year 11 in 2 weeks and I just don't feel ready - people are expecting too much of me (my targets are all 9s).
Bit lonely too, none of my mates live near me or are on holiday and I just want to see them.
Original post by Pepzi_Kola
I'm feeling knackered. Only had ~6 hours of sleep altogether over the past 4 nights.
Also kinda nervous as I'm starting year 11 in 2 weeks and I just don't feel ready - people are expecting too much of me (my targets are all 9s).
Bit lonely too, none of my mates live near me or are on holiday and I just want to see them.

Hello again Pepzi! I feel the same. I am alone a lot too. Though I can say going from year 10 to year 11 didn't really feel much different. Just put your best effort into your subjects and I'm sure you will get great grades and if you don't meet these targets you'll know that you did your best :biggrin:

Honestly, I am a bit nervous about starting uni. Now that's gunna be a lot different.
Original post by TehFen
Hello again Pepzi! I feel the same. I am alone a lot too. Though I can say going from year 10 to year 11 didn't really feel much different. Just put your best effort into your subjects and I'm sure you will get great grades and if you don't meet these targets you'll know that you did your best :biggrin:

Honestly, I am a bit nervous about starting uni. Now that's gunna be a lot different.

Hi again :smile: I hate being alone, that's the only reason I'm looking forward to year 11 tbh. I'll definitely try my best, and thanks :biggrin: I'm also dead nervous about applying for Sixth Form :s-smilie:

So you've just finished your A levels (good luck for results day by the way :biggrin:)? How did you find them? What are you going to do at Uni?
Hi again :smile: I hate being alone, that's the only reason I'm looking forward to year 11 tbh. I'll definitely try my best, and thanks :biggrin: I'm also dead nervous about applying for Sixth Form :s-smilie:

So you've just finished your A levels (good luck for results day by the way :biggrin:)? How did you find them? What are you going to do at Uni?

I am pretty happy with how I did. I did so much studying haha. I also looked at unofficial mark schemes on here so I think I safely say I am in the a* - b range :biggrin:

I did maths and physics first year, and Double BTEC in IT (it's complicated and I regret doing this - it sucked xD)

Honestly the first year I kinda winged it, because I got good GCSE's and thought it would be ok and got C's.

I retook a lot of exams and worked so much haha. So the few months before the maths exams, I found everything pretty easy.

And IT was dumbed down and easy, it was just long. It's not too hard to get the highest grades in it.

I am doing computing at uni, at Kent most likely :biggrin:

I think you will be fine with year 11.

There's not much need to be nervous about sixth form, especially if you stay at the same school. You are also doing the same subjects from GCSE most likely :smile: I found the transition to be pretty smooth.

Don't wing the first year! A lot did at my school. I did like 6 maths exams this year because of it.
Original post by TehFen
I am pretty happy with how I did. I did so much studying haha. I also looked at unofficial mark schemes on here so I think I safely say I am in the a* - b range :biggrin:

I did maths and physics first year, and Double BTEC in IT (it's complicated and I regret doing this - it sucked xD)

Honestly the first year I kinda winged it, because I got good GCSE's and thought it would be ok and got C's.

I retook a lot of exams and worked so much haha. So the few months before the maths exams, I found everything pretty easy.

And IT was dumbed down and easy, it was just long. It's not too hard to get the highest grades in it.

That's good to hear, I bet you've done amazing :smile: They sound like great subjects (I'm also going to take maths when I start sixth form, it's my favourite subject :biggrin:).

Original post by TehFen
I am doing computing at uni, at Kent most likely :biggrin:

I think you will be fine with year 11.

There's not much need to be nervous about sixth form, especially if you stay at the same school. You are also doing the same subjects from GCSE most likely :smile: I found the transition to be pretty smooth.

Don't wing the first year! A lot did at my school. I did like 6 maths exams this year because of it.

Oh cool xD Sounds great (even though I haven't a clue about computing 😂).

Yeah I probably will, it's just the expectations and trying to meet them. I should be fine though :smile:

It's not a school sixth form but most of their intake is from my school so I'll hopefully get in. I'm hoping to do Maths, Biology and Geography.

I definitely won't wing it, don't worry :wink:
Feeling the cat version of broody after seeing my aunt's new kitten :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've come to conclusion that I am a useless flop, I haven't done or achieved anything good in life
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
I've come to conclusion that I am a useless flop, I haven't done or achieved anything good in life

Don't say that :smile: I'm sure it's not true.

Latest