The Student Room Group

Anyone else shocked about their AS/A Level grades?

I'm really shook by my terrible grades, DEEC (Maths, Chemistry, English, Psychology)
Particularly in english, which I want to do at Uni. :^(
idk if it's the new system or if I didn't work hard enough...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZiggyStardust_
I'm really shook by my terrible grades, DEEC (Maths, Chemistry, English, Psychology)

What's your next plan of action?
Hard work always pays off. I went from CCCE to AAA. If that isn't hard work pays off, I don't know what is.

To, OP, I guess I'm shocked in a good way? Last year I was shocked in a bad way; I nearly cried. But you learn from your mistakes.

Aww I'm sorry you didn't get the grades you wanted, guessing this is your AS, so you still have a another year to improve!
Maybe ask your teachers for feedback and go over where you may have gone wrong. Also you could retake some exams?

I'm doing English at uni so if you ever wanna chat about that then I'm here!
:hugs::hugs::hugs:
Reply 4

YES! got ABEE
Original post by Kyou
Hard work always pays off. I went from CCCE to AAA. If that isn't hard work pays off, I don't know what is.

To, OP, I guess I'm shocked in a good way? Last year I was shocked in a bad way; I nearly cried. But you learn from your mistakes.

Ooh well done!!
You could talk about your experiences here :colondollar:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=73253240#post73253240
Original post by That'sGreat
What's your next plan of action?

Work harder. Ensure I don't mess up my real A Levels as I have here.
Might try and get individual modular marks too - to see how close I was to the next grade.

I feel angry and disgusted with myself. I can use that feeling to motivate myself.
Original post by summer1311
Aww I'm sorry you didn't get the grades you wanted, guessing this is your AS, so you still have a another year to improve!
Maybe ask your teachers for feedback and go over where you may have gone wrong. Also you could retake some exams?

I'm doing English at uni so if you ever wanna chat about that then I'm here!
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

hey, thanks. i appreciate that.
yeah, this is my AS. i'm just worried mainly about how these grades will affect my UCAS application ;/
Original post by AKDbbb
YES! got ABEE

ah, i feel you.
but still, you got an A in one subject. that's gotta count for something, right?
Reply 9
ah, i feel you.
but still, you got an A in one subject. that's gotta count for something, right?

Well at the moment my grades seem pretty worthless, despite the hours upon hours of work ive put in. I honestly dont understand how i could do so bad in the sciences , especially biology i literally tutored others
Reply 10
Original post by AKDbbb
Well at the moment my grades seem pretty worthless, despite the hours upon hours of work ive put in. I honestly dont understand how i could do so bad in the sciences , especially biology i literally tutored others

that might be where the problem lies-tutoring others. I did this last year with maths- was getting full UMS in mocks and started teaching others but focused on them so much that I didn't focus on myself for the real exam and they did way better (a B) and I got an E. Sorry to here about your results. Mine weren't that great either (BCC).
Reply 11

sorry to here about your results. I know how you feel - i got BCC in Psychology, Sociology, and Law respectively
Reply 12
Original post by 2025
that might be where the problem lies-tutoring others. I did this last year with maths- was getting full UMS in mocks and started teaching others but focused on them so much that I didn't focus on myself for the real exam and they did way better (a B) and I got an E. Sorry to here about your results. Mine weren't that great either (BCC).

That was literally what the person i tutored got too ! To be honest i felt that it was really useful, but i really think my grade is a mistake and have requested for a photocopy to see whether it is worth a remark. Are u AS or A2?
Reply 13
Original post by AKDbbb
That was literally what the person i tutored got too ! To be honest i felt that it was really useful, but i really think my grade is a mistake and have requested for a photocopy to see whether it is worth a remark. Are u AS or A2?

Just finished A2-still not happy with my grades. Thought I did alot better to be honest. I'm considering doing different A levels and completing them all in one year before university.
Reply 14
Original post by 2025
Just finished A2-still not happy with my grades. Thought I did alot better to be honest. I'm considering doing different A levels and completing them all in one year before university.

That's still a good idea ! Could u complete the different A-levels in your gap year should u take one ?
Anyone here doing as law ? Unit 1 I came out thinking I smashed it - came out with a C , bearing in mind it is a memory test and I had memorised all 9 essays which my teacher gave me 9 marks on out of 10
Reply 16
Original post by AKDbbb
That's still a good idea ! Could u complete the different A-levels in your gap year should u take one ?

Yeh thats what I'm gonna do. Would you consider this option. Also how much did you have to pay for a photocopy of your exam out of interest
Reply 17
I'm super shocked too , I've studied so hard for biology and statistics and ended up with a CEE. I don't know what else I'm gonna do apart from potentially redoing AS year as it may majorly affect ucas applications :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by joemadri10
Anyone here doing as law ? Unit 1 I came out thinking I smashed it - came out with a C , bearing in mind it is a memory test and I had memorised all 9 essays which my teacher gave me 9 marks on out of 10

Is this AQA? If so, I had a similar problem last year. I came out thinking I had like 90UMS, but when I got my results I had 77 :angry:

I resat this year and got 86 UMS- along with 85 on Law03 and 93 on Law04... so work hard in 2nd year and it all pays off!!

The grade boundaries for Law01 is always really high
Reply 19
Original post by Foodaf
I'm super shocked too , I've studied so hard for biology and statistics and ended up with a CEE. I don't know what else I'm gonna do apart from potentially redoing AS year as it may majorly affect ucas applications :frown:

Sorry to here about that. I would advise you to continue to A2 as your grades will be scrapped anyway then apply to UCAS in the second year and take a gap year, as you'll still be a year behind

Quick Reply

Latest