The Student Room Group

EPQ

How many ucas points is the 'EXTENDED PROJECT QUALIFICATION' worth?
Reply 1
Original post by Maro122

This depends on what grade you're hoping to get.

A* is 28 ucas points
A is 24 ucas points
B is 20 ucas points
C is 16 ucas points

I got an A in my EPQ so feel free to ask me any questions
Original post by MMR16

A* is 28 ucas points
A is 24 ucas points
B is 20 ucas points
C is 16 ucas points

Is doing the EPQ really worth it if it's not on a subject related to what you wish to study at university?
Reply 3
Original post by Chlozza27
Is doing the EPQ really worth it if it's not on a subject related to what you wish to study at university?

I think the EPQ would benefit you more if it is subject related to what you want to study at university. Also, some universities give you an alternative offer providing you get an A in your EPQ. However, if your EPQ is not related to what you want to study it is still good to do as it gives you UCAS points.
Reply 4
Original post by MMR16

A* is 28 ucas points
A is 24 ucas points
B is 20 ucas points
C is 16 ucas points

Hi! What was the layout of your EPQ?
Original post by MMR16
I think the EPQ would benefit you more if it is subject related to what you want to study at university. Also, some universities give you an alternative offer providing you get an A in your EPQ. However, if your EPQ is not related to what you want to study it is still good to do as it gives you UCAS points.

Thanks for your reply:h:I want to do Maths at uni but was thinking of doing an EPQ on a completely different subject and the unis I want to apply to have grades as entry requirements rather than UCAS points. I feel like I'm being really lazy if I don't do the EPQ now but part of me thinks I should put more time into getting better grades for my overall A Levels
Reply 6
Original post by Maro122
Hi! What was the layout of your EPQ?

So with your EPQ you obviously have an introduction, literature review, discussion, conclusion, evaluation. In regards to the layout, it's good to have diagrams, images and charts especially. What is your EPQ on and what is your question?
Reply 7
Original post by Chlozza27
Thanks for your reply:h:I want to do Maths at uni but was thinking of doing an EPQ on a completely different subject and the unis I want to apply to have grades as entry requirements rather than UCAS points. I feel like I'm being really lazy if I don't do the EPQ now but part of me thinks I should put more time into getting better grades for my overall A Levels

That's fair enough if you think you'd rather just want to focus on your A levels then just do that, but it is good for you to do an EPQ and despite the fact that you have grades as entry requirements universities may still give you an alternative offer for example if the requirements are AAB they lower this to ABB providing you get at least an A in your EPQ.
Original post by Maro122

Its the equivalent to an AS level. Most universities value it as it demonstrates to them research and essay writing abilities. Its worth doing if you are doing it on something you are passionate about and if you know you can stick to deadlines, otherwise it can get stressful.
Reply 9
Original post by MMR16
So with your EPQ you obviously have an introduction, literature review, discussion, conclusion, evaluation. In regards to the layout, it's good to have diagrams, images and charts especially. What is your EPQ on and what is your question?

Hi I had a question... when I make a quote do I also talk about the reliability of the source? Or the person making the quote? And is that made in the same paragraph while I'm making my point? Is it possible to give me a short example plz

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending