The Student Room Group
go to control panel, appearance and personalisation, on the left there should be a menu, click adjust brightness there should be a bar at the bottom where you can adjust the brightness.
Original post by M.M.HUSSAIN
go to control panel, appearance and personalisation, on the left there should be a menu, click adjust brightness there should be a bar at the bottom where you can adjust the brightness.

nope i dont see it
Reply 3
Original post by Dr Ben
nope i dont see it

In the bottom right of the task bar do you have some graphic option? Like Nvidia/intel control panel?
Original post by Elliotttt
In the bottom right of the task bar do you have some graphic option? Like Nvidia/intel control panel?

no its a custom built pc, I have an AMD Radeon 6800 series graphics card, and asrock motherboard 970 (something like that) , and I cant find any info on how to turn the brightness down with any of them
Reply 5
Original post by Dr Ben
no its a custom built pc, I have an AMD Radeon 6800 series graphics card, and asrock motherboard 970 (something like that) , and I cant find any info on how to turn the brightness down with any of them

You should have something called amd catalyst control panel. You can change settings on there. It should be in the bottom right already running if you haven't disabled it in msconfig
Reply 6
Elliotttt is right, but if you are using a desktop then it's is more beneficial if you were to turn the brightness down the monitor it self. P.s MsConfig does nothing much, best to use manufacture software. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by immyjimmy
Elliotttt is right, but if you are using a desktop then it's is more beneficial if you were to turn the brightness down the monitor it self. P.s MsConfig does nothing much, best to use manufacture software. :smile:

Yh i meant that he might of disabled the software from start up.
Original post by Dr Ben
Hi, I have turned down the brightness and contrast through the buttons on my monitor the lowest it can go, but its not dim enough. I have googled around the place, and it seems that windows 7 for desktops doesn't have any functionality that allows you to turn down the brightness/contrast through the OS? Does anyone know how I can turn my brightness/contrast down further?

thanks,

ben

type in "windows mobility centre" in the start menu - that's got a slider where you can change the brightness :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Rump Steak
type in "windows mobility centre" in the start menu - that's got a slider where you can change the brightness :smile:

Not on a laptop here, desktops don't have that. :/
Original post by immyjimmy
Not on a laptop here, desktops don't have that. :/

Really? :eek: Never knew that - Ah well, worth a try!

But really, how can anyone survive without it?! It's my most used program on the start menu :rolleyes: I'm just weird like that I guess....
Reply 11

But really, how can anyone survive without it?! It's my most used program on the start menu :rolleyes: I'm just weird like that I guess....

I survive without it :biggrin: i just use alternatives. :3

Your laptop doesn't have brightness adjusters using the Fn key?
Original post by mikeyd85
Your laptop doesn't have brightness adjusters using the Fn key?

It does, I just prefer using the windows mobility centre - I normally have it open (but minimised) just because shows the volume and battery percent too :tongue: it's very convenient :biggrin:
Reply 14
It does, I just prefer using the windows mobility centre - I normally have it open (but minimised) just because shows the volume and battery percent too :tongue: it's very convenient :biggrin:

legend.
raj
Original post by raj kishor
raj

stop reviving 4 year old threads you fool
Thread closed.

Latest

Trending

Trending