The Student Room Group

poor AS and GCSE grades

This year I received my A level results of A*AA and am looking at applying for Fine Art at Oxford. However, my AS levels are poor (BCCE) and my GCSEs below the typical Oxbridge applicant (A*AAAAAABBC). During the course of both of these exams I had extenuating circumstances.
So my question is: How would you look upon an applicant with this manner of academic history, considering I have already obtained the grades needed for entry onto the course?
Original post by ElanortheHobbit
This year I received my A level results of A*AA and am looking at applying for Fine Art at Oxford. However, my AS levels are poor (BCCE) and my GCSEs below the typical Oxbridge applicant (A*AAAAAABBC). During the course of both of these exams I had extenuating circumstances.
So my question is: How would you look upon an applicant with this manner of academic history, considering I have already obtained the grades needed for entry onto the course?

Just tagging in @LMH OXFORD
Hey! Really don't worry about your AS levels if you achieved your A*AA - and especially if you have exetenuating circumstances. Be sure to refer to these circumstances (speak to your referee so it can go into your reference)

With regards to GCSE's - there aren't any entry requirements for this! There is an average yes, but plenty of people (including myself - I also had Bs) get in without it :smile:
Reply 3
I am a foreign student who's been living in Britain for almost 4 years. I've got secondary school qualificationsfrom Holland and 4 GCSEs getinng 3bs and 1 A. I got ABC in As. i am in my 2nd years A levels. I really would like to go to Oxford but do I even have a chance? P.S. Mature Student next year.

LMH OXFORD
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by LMH OXFORD
Hey! Really don't worry about your AS levels if you achieved your A*AA - and especially if you have exetenuating circumstances. Be sure to refer to these circumstances (speak to your referee so it can go into your reference)

With regards to GCSE's - there aren't any entry requirements for this! There is an average yes, but plenty of people (including myself - I also had Bs) get in without it :smile:

Thank you! Fingers crossed I'll see you soon! (LMH are my college choice)
Original post by ElanortheHobbit
Thank you! Fingers crossed I'll see you soon! (LMH are my college choice)

yayy - do keep in touch :smile:
Original post by LMH OXFORD
yayy - do keep in touch :smile:

I certainly shall!
Reply 7
I got 2As and 2Bs in AS level. Can I apply to Oxford on the basis of these.Especially if I can convert them to 2A*s and 2As

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending