The Student Room Group

UCAS Help!!!! Asap before 15th October

I am doing 2 BTEC extended certificates, one in Business and one in Health and Social Care and I am sitting the exam next year in June. In the education part on Ucas, what does the qualification come under?I already got my certificate for the first year for BTEC Health and social care and I put that under Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Cert (360) (First teaching Sept 2016), am I doing it right or wrong?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Wrong.

You can only apply for Universities if you hold Level 3 qualifications or higher (such as A-Levels, BTECs, etc). The qualification you are doing, is equivalent to GCSE level. So, what you need to do is, after you finish your Level 2 course(s), study Level 3 and then apply to University. I'm not sure why nobody has told you this, but applying to Universities with a Level 2 or under qualifications, will result in an immediate rejection. The exemption applies to mature students. If you are 16-19, you follow the traditional route.
Reply 2
My qualification is equivalent to 1 A level. So the BTEC business is equivalent to 1 A level and the BTEC Health and Social care is equivalent to 1 A level. I am also doing A level Media studies which I have sorted out in my UCAS application.
Original post by mrwhitz
Wrong.

You can only apply for Universities if you hold Level 3 qualifications or higher (such as A-Levels, BTECs, etc). The qualification you are doing, is equivalent to GCSE level. So, what you need to do is, after you finish your Level 2 course(s), study Level 3 and then apply to University. I'm not sure why nobody has told you this, but applying to Universities with a Level 2 or under qualifications, will result in an immediate rejection. The exemption applies to mature students. If you are 16-19, you follow the traditional route.
Reply 3
Original post by aj89754
My qualification is equivalent to 1 A level. So the BTEC business is equivalent to 1 A level and the BTEC Health and Social care is equivalent to 1 A level. I am also doing A level Media studies which I have sorted out in my UCAS application.

Alright, sorry, I misunderstood your post. I assumed the Extended Certificates were Level 2, since I've not heard it much in Level 3. For UCAS, you have to add the qualification(s) in the correct area. So, if it says "BTEC Extended Certificates", then you add them there.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by mrwhitz
Alright, sorry, I misunderstood your post. I assumed the Extended Certificates were Level 2, since I've not heard it much in Level 3. For UCAS, you have to add the qualification(s) in the correct area. So, if it says "BTEC Extended Certificates", then you add them there.

i've checked that but my subjects does not show on the list
Reply 5
Original post by aj89754

Er.. I don't really know to be fair, you might as well ask UCAS for support or your teachers that are knowledgeable about this. If there is a Careers centre at your college, then the people there may be able to help you out.
Original post by aj89754
I am doing 2 BTEC extended certificates, one in Business and one in Health and Social Care and I am sitting the exam next year in June. In the education part on Ucas, what does the qualification come under?I already got my certificate for the first year for BTEC Health and social care and I put that under Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Cert (360) (First teaching Sept 2016), am I doing it right or wrong?

Original post by aj89754
UCASBTECExtCert.PNG
See the screenshot below - DON'T select the top option chose the higlighted option with (QCF) after it - you should be able to find both subjects under that qualification type.

Quick Reply

Latest