The Student Room Group

Harvey Weinstein fired following multiple sexual harassment claims

Movie producer and co-founder of the Weinstein company Harvey Weinstein has been fired from his role at the for-mention company following multiple allegations of rape and sexual harassment.

Weinstein produced films like Shakespeare in Love, Gangs of New York, Kill Bill and Silver linings playbook

Stars like Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow have also claimed that they have had "bad experiences" with the producer and Colin Firth has called Harvey "a frightening man to stand up to"

You can read more on the story here.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41578997
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41580010

What do you make of this? Why do you think that these women weren't listened to? Do you think he should have been fired?

Edit: Actress Rose McGowan claim Harvey Weinstein raped her, Emma Thompson calls him a predator.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Original post by Acend1992
he didn't rape anyone

he simply asked women for sex in an aggressive way.it's annoying but technically not illegal

And this distracts from Hilary Clinton and Pizzagate

He's accused of doing a lot more than just aggressively hitting on people. Lots of illegal stuff mentioned. And the sheer volume of accusations is fairly damning as to his guilt.
Reply 3
he didn't rape anyone

he simply asked women for sex in an aggressive way.it's annoying but technically not illegal

And this distracts from Hilary Clinton and Pizzagate

There have been several rape accusations. Nothing actually proven yet of course, though the court of public opinion will no doubt tear him to shreds.
The outrage about this rings so hollow its unreal.

These accusations are spread over decades and a wide variety of victims, much like the Jimmy Saville, there is precisely no way that no one knew about this until now.

My mum worked in TV in the '80s and they knew about loads of producers and directors who would demand sexual favors before giving women a job, what was done about it? Nothing.

The same applies in Hollywood and the wider film industry, everyone is terrified of uncovering the truth for risk of losing their jobs, this tacit acceptance of sexual assault is disgusting.

During the US election last year the film industry came out hard against Trumps sexual indiscretion, this story points out even more obviously than before, the ridiculous hypocrisy of this criticism.
Hollywood humming with hypocrisy, surely not?

The Oscars are racist, sexist and transphobic because not enough female, former men of colour get nominated. Trump is a sexist boor who is not their President.

But a sexual predator for decades that twas so well known about they even joked about it at the Academy Awards? One of their guys. So he could be best buddies with Obama and Hillary, one of the biggest donors to the Democrats in the land.

Now, when it is too late they turn on him? Sickening.
Reply 6
Trying to forcibly kiss people is not rape. but yes it may be assault.

He will likely be found innocent, because "rape accusation culture" is getting ridiculous and quite silly.

From the article:

Three women who told The New Yorker they had been raped by the producer.
really, what ? when you read the articles in full detail, no one actually says he forcibly raped them.

Forcibly raped?

Is there any other kind of rape?
What’s quite odd is that he’s not been convicted of anything and everyone already hates him but Roman Polanski was convicted yet he’s given awards and a standing ovation by Meryl Streep, the de facto queen of Hollywood
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Sexual assessment? :lolwut:

Original post by Mathemagicien
Yes, sexual assessment at the for-mentioned company.

Keep up, mann.

Ahhh gad I'm such a dumb dumb!

What an ASS
really, what ? when you read the articles in full detail, no one actually says he forcibly raped them.

Well, along with the rape accusations, there's one incident of forcing a woman to give him oral, another of him putting his hands up a woman's skirt, another of jerking himself off in front of a cornered woman who has just rejected kissing him.
Michael Jackson, Bill Cosby, Jimmy Saville, Mike Tyson, that specky prick that used to do a show on a boat, all these celebrity ***** are rapey scum because they know they will get away with it due to their retarded fans standing by their side no matter what. Its pathetic.
I find this quite an interesting and even shocking story because I'd previously assumed that the sexual propriety of Hollywood execs was uniformly unimpeachable.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
I find this quite an interesting and even shocking story because I'd previously assumed that the sexual propriety of Hollywood execs was uniformly unimpeachable.

I'm so glad and the nerve of pimped out Meryl Streep to call this Weinstein ******* God. He is the primary reason why Hollywood is so aesthetically, creatively, and racially redundant and lacking, empowering the same crap actors and actresses and screenwriters! Hopefully hollyweird gets a new resurgence of talent and reform.
(edited 6 years ago)
you believe all those girls ??

Lol news flash, they don't just molest and rape girls in hollyweird.

Facts.
so he's guilty without any evidence ?

Don't ask me, I didn't make the thread. I don't even care about Weinstein per se, my issue is the general state of hollyweird and proven sex and child predators, and Weinstein as a person separate to this situation. I know that women and children including boys are not safe in that industry and that a lot of famous actors and actresses today have done disgusting things to get there, since their fame is down to personal opinion of higher ups aka Weinstein. If you think he hasn't asked to see Jennifer Lawrence's tits you're wrong 😂.
Reply 16
What do you make of this?
It’s not really a surprise

Why do you think that these women weren't listened to?
How many of them reported it or spoke out previously? Also is it really a surprise that successful people in Hollywood will cover for successful people in Hollywood?

Do you think he should have been fired?
He should be but he has the right politics so they won’t care it’s not like he is a republican, look at Roman Polanski child rapist and loved in Hollywood
Original post by Salt Queen
Don't ask me, I didn't make the thread. I don't even care about Weinstein per se, my issue is the general state of hollyweird and proven sex and child predators, and Weinstein as a person separate to this situation. I know that women and children including boys are not safe in that industry and that a lot of famous actors and actresses today have done disgusting things to get there, since their fame is down to personal opinion of higher ups aka Weinstein. If you think he hasn't asked to see Jennifer Lawrence's tits you're wrong 😂.

Not sure why he’d need to, her tits are all over the internet. Also asking to see someone’s tits is hardly a crime
Original post by Salt Queen
I'm so glad and the nerve of pimped out Meryl Streep to call this Weinstein ******* God. He is the primary reason why Hollywood is so aesthetically, creatively, and racially redundant and lacking, empowering the same crap actors and actresses and screenwriters! Hopefully hollyweird gets a new resurgence of talent and reform.

Hahahaha, how the **** does this come back to race? Christ.
I think innocent until proven guilty. Let the judicial system take its course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending