The Student Room Group

Anyone else really struggling in BEng Mechancial Engineering

So i come from a really hands on background. my dad owns a garage and im there all the time to work on cars etc. ive had my own projects too and at college i did level 3 Mechanical Engineering. I thought to go to uni to get my degree in engineering because i really enjoyed college and I rarely hear anything bad about uni.

Yet im having a rubbish time. 4 or 5 weeks in and ive learnt that i do not get on with my flat mates. i am so different, id rather go on a sesh and hit the town whereas they rather stay in. freshers was shite because of this. and my course is a billion times harder then i expected it to be. im not one to quit but right now i am really struggling and i Jsut do not know what to do.
Original post by Prouse14
So i come from a really hands on background. my dad owns a garage and im there all the time to work on cars etc. ive had my own projects too and at college i did level 3 Mechanical Engineering. I thought to go to uni to get my degree in engineering because i really enjoyed college and I rarely hear anything bad about uni.

Yet im having a rubbish time. 4 or 5 weeks in and ive learnt that i do not get on with my flat mates. i am so different, id rather go on a sesh and hit the town whereas they rather stay in. freshers was shite because of this. and my course is a billion times harder then i expected it to be. im not one to quit but right now i am really struggling and i Jsut do not know what to do.

Engineering at university is very mathematical - do you want to continue doing the course? If it's not something you want to do, then you could leave the course and look at options such as apprenticeships.

Quick Reply

Latest