The Student Room Group

Chemical engineering 2018 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by tamanna___
Heyyyyyy, I'm in the same position!!

I only did mocks in biology and chemistry, and got BB which was a huge surprise as I didn't revise as much as I should have
I'm guessing my predictions will be AA, but I'm going to push for A*A* as my results were really close to A's

I did maths AS and got a C.... which is crap, I just know I can do so much better. I just hope my teachers predict me an A at the least..
I really want to study chemical engineering

Why would they predict you an A when you got a C in AS?

Why would they predict you A* A* when you got BB at AS? If there was some circumstances then thats different. Just seems waay to hyperinflated tbh
Hi all, I want to apply to Bath but on their website it says they want chemistry, maths and a seconds science/maths subject. I take Chemistry, Maths, Geography, but did an AS Physics. Do you think I will realistically get an offer?
Reply 22
Original post by zxcvbnm909
Hi all, I want to apply to Bath but on their website it says they want chemistry, maths and a seconds science/maths subject. I take Chemistry, Maths, Geography, but did an AS Physics. Do you think I will realistically get an offer?

Went to a bath open day, the lecturer said a 3rd science subject is 'preferred' not necessarily required. As long as you get A*AA with the A* in either Maths or Chemistry you probably will still get the offer.
Original post by AI212
Why would they predict you an A when you got a C in AS?

Why would they predict you A* A* when you got BB at AS? If there was some circumstances then thats different. Just seems waay to hyperinflated tbh

Lool well I never said they would give me them predictions but it’s worth a try asking, never know they might be feeling extra nice that day 😂
does anyone know the applicants per place ratio for Birmingham, Surrey, Bath, Nottingham?
University choices: Imperial, Bath, UCL, Birmingham, Manchester
What subject(s) are currently studying?: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry
Predicted A2 grades: A*A*A*A
GCSE grades: 11A*, 1A
Why Chemical Engineering? Such a versatile subject, combines problem solving the analytical thinking, as well as my favourite subject. I love applying my knowledge to difficult problems.

Has anyone received any offers so far?
Reply 27
Uni Choices : Oxford, Imperial, Edinburgh, UCL, Manchester
Subjects : Bio, Chem, Phy, Maths, EPQ
Predicted : 4A* 1A
GCSE (SPM Malaysia) : 7A* 1A 1A-
Why Chem Eng : EPQ on possibilities of nuclear fusion in generating energy for a more sustainable future. Plus, I love it lmao.

Anyone gotten their offers? I applied 3 days ago :smile:
Choices: Hull, Bradford, Lancaster, Belfast, Swansea
Predicted: ABB

My predicted are not all A's haha, so I am gonna need to apply for the uni's with lower grade boundaries, I really like the looks of Swansea and Belfast however, so hopefully. . .

Chemical engineers are the ones that make things better, and I believe it will be a very rewarding career.
Reply 29
Hi, I submitted my UCAS last week and have applied to Edinburgh, Leeds, Newcastle, Sheffield and Nottingham for chemical engineering and have so far received an unconditional offer from Nottingham, I applied with predicted A*A*A in Chemistry, Biology and Maths and have 9 A* and 2A at GCSE. How's everyone else getting on with offers ? X
Still not finished my PS...

Applying to
Surrey
Lancaster
Aston
LSBU
Original post by h1242
Hi, I submitted my UCAS last week and have applied to Edinburgh, Leeds, Newcastle, Sheffield and Nottingham for chemical engineering and have so far received an unconditional offer from Nottingham, I applied with predicted A*A*A in Chemistry, Biology and Maths and have 9 A* and 2A at GCSE. How's everyone else getting on with offers ? X

How did they know your predicted?
Reply 32
Original post by Texxers
How did they know your predicted?

Its put on your teacher reference which is attached to the UCAS form
Original post by h1242
Its put on your teacher reference which is attached to the UCAS form

Yeah I literally just found out today 😂
I’m applying to Cambridge (lol, no chance I’m getting in), Manchester, Bath, Sheffield and Queen’s Belfast.

I took Chemistry, Physics, Maths, EPQ and took Further Maths to AS last year.

Predicted A2 grades: A*A*A*

AS grades: AA in maths and further

GCSE grades: 9A*s and an A in Music

Why Chemical Engineering?

It’s a combination of all things I find interesting and the it’s most fascinating branch of engineering, to me at least. I feel that there is a broad range of career options even within engineering for a chem eng graduate so I wouldn’t feel restricted in any way. Plus, anyone else buzzin about the renewable energy prospects?

Offers: Manchester, Bath and Belfast
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 35
Aww so interesting seeing you all chatting about universities! I am in my first year of Chem Eng at Sheffield, my firm was Bath but didn't get the grades. Just a fair warning, Bath took until late March to actually give me an offer, though I do know some people got offers earlier, don't panic if you are waiting a while!
University choices: Cambridge (via NatSci), Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle
What subject(s) are currently studying?: IB HL Maths Chemistry Physics, SL German English Geography
Predicted A2 grades: 44 points
AS grades:
GCSE grades: 12 A*
Why Chemical Engineering? Maths-heavy degree with a bit of every science and also interested in economic/practical applications, perfect course for me but not sure about a career in engineering...
Have an applicant day invite from Manchester next week but no offers yet :frown:

Offers from Manchester, Birmingham
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by emduck
Aww so interesting seeing you all chatting about universities! I am in my first year of Chem Eng at Sheffield, my firm was Bath but didn't get the grades. Just a fair warning, Bath took until late March to actually give me an offer, though I do know some people got offers earlier, don't panic if you are waiting a while!

If its ok can I ask what predicted grades you had?
Reply 38
Original post by carhady
If its ok can I ask what predicted grades you had?

Hi, I was predicted: A*- Chemistry A-Maths and A-Physics, I also had an A in AS level biology.
Reply 39
Original post by emduck
Hi, I was predicted: A*- Chemistry A-Maths and A-Physics, I also had an A in AS level biology.

Thanks, you have fairly similar grades to me but an A* in maths instead of chemistry and further maths instead of physics.

Quick Reply

Latest