The Student Room Group

Law - UEA

I am going to apply to the University of East Anglia to do law, as I really like the uni, live close to it (I don't like moving away from home) and the law school there is beautiful. I was just wondering how much kudos it carries when looking for options after university. I have been told by the staff it is an exceptional uni and highly regarded, and whilst I believe them, I wanted to get an unbiased opinion as to how reputable it is.

Thank you
I have applied there to study Law myself! I went there for a summer school and my brother studies there as well and honestly UEA is one of the best universities out there... They said they had 55 students gaining an internship last year who studied Law which is a very large amount considering the competition out there is tough... It is a respected university as its Law school is in the top 10 in the whole UK :biggrin:
Original post by SWF1
I am going to apply to the University of East Anglia to do law, as I really like the uni, live close to it (I don't like moving away from home) and the law school there is beautiful. I was just wondering how much kudos it carries when looking for options after university. I have been told by the staff it is an exceptional uni and highly regarded, and whilst I believe them, I wanted to get an unbiased opinion as to how reputable it is.

Thank you

Try the Law sub forum.
Original post by jelly1000
Try the Law sub forum.

I''ve just actioned the above

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
I''ve just actioned the above

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice dynamic business speak capability evidenced by you there. Congrats.

Original post by MonoMikey
I have applied there to study Law myself! I went there for a summer school and my brother studies there as well and honestly UEA is one of the best universities out there... They said they had 55 students gaining an internship last year who studied Law which is a very large amount considering the competition out there is tough... It is a respected university as its Law school is in the top 10 in the whole UK :biggrin:

It is 7th for law according to the Guardian. And it's 25th according to CUG. The CUG is probably closer to the truth. Though, I hasten to add, 25th is not bad.

I have some issue with the internship claim. Firstly, how does the law school know how many internships students are undertaking? Do they stalk their students' Linkedin or does the law school require students to register their internship activities at the end of each year? The process doesn't sound very formal nor reliable. Secondly, what exactly does an "internship" mean? A mini-pupillage? Someone working for Honda for a week? A vacation scheme at Slaughter and May? It is not a precise term. The claim, therefore, is quite dubious and obviously anecdotal.

Original post by SWF1

Thank you

If you have AAA, you can do better, in terms of academic rigour, than UEA. It is one of those reaching AAA courses, which in reality has a number of ABB-BBB students. That won't impact you much, other than its assessment rigour being a little weaker than its bigger brothers, though that might well be to your benefit. Outwardly 70% is a 70%, even if it would be a 65% at Nottingham. Law firms and your nan and her friends won't care about the difference.

Whether you can do better in terms social life and quality of life generally, that is another question and one which only you will be able to answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending