The Student Room Group

Computer Science - Birmingham or Warwick?

I've been and looked around both unis and their CS departments, and on the whole preferred Warwick, but I'm still not sure as to where I would like to go, so I'd love it if any current CS students from either uni could chime in as to your experiences. Thanks!
Original post by SwayzieExpress
I've been and looked around both unis and their CS departments, and on the whole preferred Warwick, but I'm still not sure as to where I would like to go, so I'd love it if any current CS students from either uni could chime in as to your experiences. Thanks!

Hey :smile:

Not at either (Am at Surrey), is this a choice of which to firm or which to apply to, if so could you not apply to both?
Have you looked at any of the course content to see if they include modules that interest you, most of the first year is pretty standard so have a look at the optional modules of later years.
Any ideas of where or in what you want to work, do either of the unis have good links to them?

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions you have.
Original post by littleswany
Hey :smile:

Not at either (Am at Surrey), is this a choice of which to firm or which to apply to, if so could you not apply to both?
Have you looked at any of the course content to see if they include modules that interest you, most of the first year is pretty standard so have a look at the optional modules of later years.
Any ideas of where or in what you want to work, do either of the unis have good links to them?

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions you have.

I'm definitely applying to both, but I'm trying to decide which one I like best. Warwick's degree seems a lot more mathematical than Birmingham's. BTW, what's Surrey like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending