The Student Room Group

Queen Mary Chemical Engineering

I'm applying for 2018 entry but I have no idea how the course is at the university, considering it is relatively new and that the required grades are AAA (MEng). Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Is it accredited? It wasn't last year.
Reply 2
Original post by Student-95
Is it accredited? It wasn't last year.

Still isn't according to the IChemE website - http://www.icheme.org/careers/universities.aspx
Original post by zabzab123
Still isn't according to the IChemE website - http://www.icheme.org/careers/universities.aspx

I'd look elsewhere then.
If it's relatively new then I wouldn't worry about it being accredited, if you're not on the first year that it's running then it will be by the time you graduate.

AAA is quite a high offer for QMUL though, there are definitely better engineering schools with more established ChemE programs with similar or lower grade requirements. Would still be a good option if you're only applying to London unis though.
Reply 5
Original post by Helloworld_95
If it's relatively new then I wouldn't worry about it being accredited, if you're not on the first year that it's running then it will be by the time you graduate.

AAA is quite a high offer for QMUL though, there are definitely better engineering schools with more established ChemE programs with similar or lower grade requirements. Would still be a good option if you're only applying to London unis though.

Yeah the majority of unis I am applying to are in London but I don't want to blindly apply for a new course without considering how people are finding it.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by zabzab123
Yeah the majority of unis I am applying to are in London but I don't want to blindly apply for a new course without considering how people are finding it.

London is a pretty poor place as far as finding good engineering courses goes (the only good London engineering school is Imperial tbh, and UCL has a few good courses but I can't remember if ChemE is one of those), so if you're looking outside of London already then I would suggest expanding that option.

Also seeing as you have 5 university applications and it's fairly predictable whether you'll get an offer, you can quite happy apply to a few risky options then choose later.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest