The Student Room Group

Asking out

Ok guys I have a question. I know this girl in the university for 3 years now. In fact we have been friends for 3 years. I started having feelings for her 8 months ago but I didn't say anything to her. After the summer vacation this year I had decided to tell her how I really feel. But when she came back she already had a boyfriend. But couple weeks later they broke up. And I took a chance and told her. She said no at the time. And the next few weeks were rough. We didn't talk that much in fact I was mentally unstable. But few days ago she texted me and told me she wants us to be friends again and she will try to think about what I asked. It's been 10 days since and she hasn't told me anything about it still. But we were talking normally this whole time. What do you think guys? what did she mean when she said she will try? Should I ask her again or should I wait for her to say something? I really like this girl...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Nipun Banda
Ok guys I have a question. I know this girl in the university for 3 years now. In fact we have been friends for 3 years. I started having feelings for her 8 months ago but I didn't say anything to her. After the summer vacation this year I had decided to tell her how I really feel. But when she came back she already had a boyfriend. But couple weeks later they broke up. And I took a chance and told her. She said no at the time. And the next few weeks were rough. We didn't talk that much in fact I was mentally unstable. But few days ago she texted me and told me she wants us to be friends again and she will try to think about what I asked. It's been 10 days since and she hasn't told me anything about it still. But we were talking normally this whole time. What do you think guys? what did she mean when she said she will try? Should I ask her again or should I wait for her to say something? I really like this girl...

You've been friend zoned move on. She will be nothing more than a friend if you want to remain friends than go back to your old selves. If she changes her mind about being friends she will ask you out. Don't ask her out you'll ruin your friendship.
Give her some time to think, don't ask her again as that might come across like you're begging or pestering her. Let her have time, and in the mean time just talk to her like you have been, as friends.
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
Give her some time to think, don't ask her again as that might come across like you're begging or pestering her. Let her have time, and in the mean time just talk to her like you have been, as friends.

Well how long should I wait more? And this may sound stupid. but last week I gave her this bracelet from my country. And she was wearing it for the next two days. Could it mean anything? or am I mean just stupid?
Well how long should I wait more? And this may sound stupid. but last week I gave her this bracelet from my country. And she was wearing it for the next two days. Could it mean anything? or am I mean just stupid?

it means nothing
Reply 5
Original post by Tiger Rag
it means nothing

Life is tough I guess....
Original post by Tiger Rag
it means nothing

hahahahahaha im dead
Original post by rafiali99
hahahahahaha im dead

what you done now?
Reply 8
Original post by rafiali99
hahahahahaha im dead

-_- Come on... And what do you think ? :biggrin:

Just wait until she mentions it. And no, it doesn't mean anything. She wore it probably to be nice because you got it for her.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 10

Be patient time will tell you what to do. I think you should not ask her again and again czzz she might hate you asking that and sometimes you might me the worst of her so I guess you don't ask her again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending