The Student Room Group

Why do most girls block me or reject me whenever I ask them out?

I am a 22 year old guy and so far got rejected by like 6 girls and I never had a gf before. I was rejected by 2 girls in my college few months ago and then 2 girls who matched with me on dating apps too unmatched me after I asked them out even though we had a decent chat.

Last week Sunday, I tried asking out a girl who is 19 turning 20 in August. We were in the same school but now in different colleges and we have been chatting on Instagram for a month and she literally agreed to meet up too but 5 days ago she blocked me mysteriously for no reason and it hurt me more because she gave me false hope. I mean why didn't she reject me that day?

Today I tried asking out another girl who also was in my school and we had been chatting on Insta for more than 3 weeks but she immediately blocked me after I asked her out politely and said we can meet up whenever she is comfortable and I said we can meet up in Starbucks or Rasta Cafe or maybe eat in KFC or Burger King but still she just blocked me. 2 days ago I asked out my childhood friend who is 21 turning 22 after 4 months and she still didn't reply or see my message because she isn't that active on insta and I am honestly expecting a positive reply this time but I don't know.
Reply 1
It's impossible to say. But the girls you asked out might have thought you were just chatting as friends and were then taken aback when you asked them on a date. tbh as you are only 22 I would try chatting to girls in person more and asking them out in person or going to nightclubs where everyone is out on the pull and talking to them there.
Reply 2
Getting blown out when asking a girl out is very common. It’s much more likely to be successful if you get some clues they fancy you, rather than just viewing it as friendship. While data apps have the advantages that you know the person is looking, they have the distinct disadvantage that you’re just a commodity. Overall I would say going out and looking for like-minded singles is better. Learn from each set back, get advice from more successful friends and with patience and tenacity something good will come up
(edited 11 months ago)
Asking women out through Instagram who you once had a connection with isn't the best strategy.
Reply 4
Because you're not a goodlooking guy obviously. One thing is being friends, but being sexually interested is a completely different level.
Reply 5
Original post by Cbr6
Because you're not a goodlooking guy obviously. One thing is being friends, but being sexually interested is a completely different level.

That's so rude of you. You don't even know me so how can you say how I look? Plus it could be that we are still kinda strangers so maybe they are creeped out. And all hopes isn't lost because I asked out my childhood friend too and she didn't reply yet as she isn't that active. I am hoping her reply to be positive.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
That's so rude of you. You don't even know me so how can you say how I look? Plus it could be that we are still kinda strangers so maybe they are creeped out. And all hopes isn't lost because I asked out my childhood friend too and she didn't reply yet as she isn't that active. I am hoping her reply to be positive.

He's one of the many incel trolls you get in this site. Just ignore him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending