The Student Room Group

Good online science news for students?Free

What are some good online science publications and news that are easy for people who have no science background to understand but are not too dumbed down and also are free.I'm looking more into news that focus on biology and medicine.I read new scientist before but I find it's too expensive and I don't think it's worth the money personally even if you get a subscription and sometimes it's a bit too complex.
Original post by Anonymous1502
What are some good online science publications and news that are easy for people who have no science background to understand but are not too dumbed down and also are free.I'm looking more into news that focus on biology and medicine.I read new scientist before but I find it's too expensive and I don't think it's worth the money personally even if you get a subscription and sometimes it's a bit too complex.

May be worth looking at the 'flipchart' app - although I haven't looked them up, I'd be surprised if sections for bio and medicine weren't there at all. It's a general news app but could be your starter for 10 for your independent research.
Original post by Anonymous1502

Hi there!

Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but we publish weekly medical news summaries that cover the key medicine news stories of that week. You can find the most recent one here.

We've also just published a page on NHS Hot Topics from 2017 - covering topics like mental health services, Brexit's impact on healthcare, and the Charlie Gard case.

Hope this helps! :smile:
The Medic Portal
I would recommend Flipboard and list science as a interest
Reply 4
Medical News Today I found to be really good :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending