The Student Room Group

What is the highest paid job on average

just curious?

diffferent websites tell me different stuff.
President of USA
I feel like it’s an investment banker but I haven’t researched
Boxer but only if you fight Mayweather.
Original post by Hateocracy
President of USA

it's not even that it's like president of singapore or some rich middle eastern country
Do you mean within psychology? Or did you post here by accident?
Original post by Hateocracy
President of USA

Erm no.
Original post by 0_0.!.
just curious?

diffferent websites tell me different stuff.

large cap hedge fund founder

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mountain tour guide
In terms of base salary, working as a GP would be up there.

In terms of your whole compensation and benefits/bonus, I would say working in Investment Banking.
Dentists who own multiple surgeries can earn bare, my friend's parents do that and he's proper rich
Original post by Fighter365
I feel like it’s an investment banker but I haven’t researched

Depends on the role. Analysts at Barclays and UBS do get starting salaries at £40, excluding bonuses

Then associates can get > £60k at bulge bracket banks
Skilled business analysts, project managers and software devs can earn an awful lot, as contractors. I mean CEOs and similar executive roles probably command the highest earnings, but they're not easy to come by, require a lot of work and entail an awful lot of responsibility and usually years of experience, as well as strong social skills, so it depends on what you mean by job and at what phase of one's career.

Original post by BusMan21
In terms of base salary, working as a GP would be up there.

In terms of your whole compensation and benefits/bonus, I would say working in Investment Banking.

As long as you're willing to put in the extreme hours. I think hours worked and overall costs of maintaining a job can erode the real earning power it provides.

Original post by Princepieman
large cap hedge fund founder

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's more of a species of entrepreneur. Granted, it is a job, but a very different sort to the usual salaried one, particularly in terms of personal risk-bearing. Those sort of businesses will do well as long as central banks are suppressing interest rates and keeping money flowing in that direction by extension.
(edited 6 years ago)
Consultants working both for the NHS and privately.
thats true bro. But some consultants do get paid a lot doing both. Know from someone I know.
The question could be better phrased but I suspect what he means is fields with the highest paid average employees. CEOs, for instance, can command very high salaries but they are extremities/outliers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending