The Student Room Group

I am a primary school teacher Ask me anything

Ask me anything.
Original post by Missjacturner89
Ask me anything.

Why?

How do you make kids stop talking, apart from the conventional method of duct tape?
Original post by Jonjonbo
How do you make kids stop talking, apart from the conventional method of duct tape?

Using words like silence, or stopping talking until they have, a finger over the mouth, I also have a good teacher glare.
Reply 4
What made you want to become a primary school teacher?
Original post by Xenice
What made you want to become a primary school teacher?

Wanting to nurture small children and see them reap the rewards of a good education.
What grades do you need to become a teacher
Original post by Nobody101
What grades do you need to become a teacher

A C at English and Maths (GCSE, science too if primary teacher). You also need Qualified teacher status and to pass professional skills tests in numeracy and literacy.

UCAS is a good site for details.
I am currently in year 11 and leaving school in 2018 with the dream of becoming a primary school teacher so I have a lot of questions if you don't mind :smile:

1. What year groups have you taught?

2. Do you like swapping around or staying with one year group you particularly enjoy teaching?

3. Can you teach between keystages and teach between the 5-11 age range?

4. How do the experiences teaching different age groups differ?

5.What is your favourite and least favourite year group to teach?

6. What is your favourite and least favourite subject to teach?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Hiya, first off I’m referring to around reception/year one so if that isn’t what you teach then sorry! But I just wondered what work you do outside of school hours? I know there is a heavy work load and just controlling the class must be hard enough but apart from marking (which I don’t recall my books being marked that often!) what else does your job consist of? Please be as thorough as possible as I would love to become a primary school teacher but really panic that I wouldn’t be able to keep up with the work load or anything
Do you treat your students horribly? Like shouting rude words at them or make them work to half death?
Do you feel that stress affects you in your job?
Why on earth would you choose to work with kids?
Hiya, I am going to be studying history at university hopefully starting in 2018 and after that go on to a teaching course and then on to primary school teaching so I've got a few questions if you wouldn't mind :smile:

1. Why did you choose Primary and not secondary teaching?
2. Where did you get your teaching qualifications?
3. What is the best and worst parts of the job?
4. Do you find it highly stressful or is it manageable? and if so how do you de-stress?
5. How do you deal with annoying/unhelpful/rude parents?
6. Do you find you get ill a lot now? (just curious as my immune system sucks)
7. Now you are a teacher, what is your next goal? Head of a year, deputy or headmaster even?
8. Any advice or anything you think I should seriously contemplate before committing to this line of work?

Quick Reply

Latest