The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Government and Economics 2018 Applicants

Hi everyone,

There doesn't seem to be a thread for this yet and I feel it would help to put our minds at ease. We could use this to discuss the progress of our applications etc.

If you have applied for this course it would be great if you state:
- The date you applied
- Your GCSE and AS grades
- Your predicted grades and subjects
- Any emails you've recieved from the university.

I've sent my application off today. I study Government and Politics, Maths and Chemistry. I sat AS Levels in Politics and Maths and got AA. At GCSE I got 2A*s ,8As and 2Bs so not the best but ok. I'm not really sure what kind of correspondance with LSE to expect so if anyone has information about that it would be great!

Good luck everyone!
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sport7710
Hi everyone,

There doesn't seem to be a thread for this yet and I feel it would help to put our minds at ease. We could use this to discuss the progress of our applications etc.

- The date you applied

I've sent my application off today. I study Government and Politics, Maths and Chemistry. I sat AS Levels in Politics and Maths and got AA. At GCSE I got 2A*s ,8As and 2Bs so not the best but ok. I'm not really sure what kind of correspondance with LSE to expect so if anyone has information about that it would be great!

Good luck everyone!

I ll move this to our lse section for you :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Hi,

I applied on 23rd October
Got AAA in Gov&Politics, Maths, and Further Maths at AS
Predicted A*AA in Politics, Maths, and Chemistry
The only correspondence I got was a confirmation that they had received my application
I applied on 26th October. (Bsc Government and Economics & Bsc Economics)
IGCSE: 5A* 1A 1B
AS: aab (Economics, Chemistry, Psychology)
AL: achieved A* in Maths, predicted A*A*A* in Economics, Chemistry and Further Mathematics, dropped Psychology
I received the initial assessment email on 20th Nov and further assessment email on 27th Nov.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Applied on 15th October.
CBSE(Indian Curriculum): 5 A1's
IB (Predicted): Total-41 or 42/45
HLs-Economics(7), History(7), Math(6)
SLs-English(7), Hindi(6), Physics(6)
TOK/EE-2/3
Emails: Initial Assessment (30th October)
Competitive consideration/8-week email (6th November)
Applied 10 October and received an offer today.
Reply 6
Original post by memesherrif101

Would you mind sharing your achieved and predicted grades?
Original post by Ratish06
Would you mind sharing your achieved and predicted grades?

I got an A* in Maths last year. And I'm predicted further AAA in FM, Chemistry and French.
Original post by sport7710
Hi everyone,

- The date you applied

Good luck everyone!

Really useful thread because I am stressinggg (LSE is the only one I haven't heard back from)...

Are you predicted AAA?

I do history, maths and pol. Am resiting my maths AS because I'm **** at mechanics. Sent off mid october. Predicted AAA.
Reply 9
Original post by karlabari
Really useful thread because I am stressinggg (LSE is the only one I haven't heard back from)...

Are you predicted AAA?

I do history, maths and pol. Am resiting my maths AS because I'm **** at mechanics. Sent off mid october. Predicted AAA.

Sorry forgot to put it in my original post. I'm predicted A*AA.

When did you get the further consideration/8-week email?

Initial assessment on the 16th October , further consideration on the 23rd October
Reply 12
I applied to do Government and economics on 11th October and got an offer on Friday (24/11/17)

For those who have already got an offer, I've created an offer holder thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5067116
Reply 13
Initial assessment on the 16th October , further consideration on the 23rd October

I also got the same dates for initial and further assessments (16th and 23rd).
Hi everyone,
I applied with 9A*1A at IGCSE and A*A*A*A (Maths, French, German, History) predicted with 3As at AS (one being Spanish which I dropped). Initial assessment completed on 16/10.

What I'm most worried about is that I also mentioned a bit about Philosophy as I applied for PPE at Oxford, and I've heard that they often reject people if the PS isn't perfectly tailored to their course..
Original post by octoberrain
Hi everyone,
I applied with 9A*1A at IGCSE and A*A*A*A (Maths, French, German, History) predicted with 3As at AS (one being Spanish which I dropped). Initial assessment completed on 16/10.

What I'm most worried about is that I also mentioned a bit about Philosophy as I applied for PPE at Oxford, and I've heard that they often reject people if the PS isn't perfectly tailored to their course..

I wouldn't worry too much, I did exactly the same as you and still got an offer with my ps bring about 1/3 philosophy.
I wouldn't worry too much, I did exactly the same as you and still got an offer with my ps bring about 1/3 philosophy.

Oh, that's reassuring, thank you :smile: Where else did you apply?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by octoberrain
Oh, that's reassuring, thank you :smile: Where else did you apply?

Warwick, Bristol (reject), Oxford and UCL (offer) , you?
Original post by vik_k1
I applied to do Government and economics on 11th October and got an offer on Friday (24/11/17)

For those who have already got an offer, I've created an offer holder thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5067116

What are your predicted grades and what offer did they give you?
Warwick, Bristol (reject), Oxford and UCL (offer) , you?

Oxford, Warwick (two courses) and Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending