The Student Room Group

Help asap!

Ok so my Ucas form got sent back to me. I am a 3rd year college student and I have completed the a levels for 2 courses. I am resitting a few modules from both courses as well as continuing with my 3rd course.

I went to see my (2) course tutors from last year to ask for a predicted grade, and received A* and an A. Now what i haven't achieved is the A*AA which is the requirements for economics in some unis I'm applying to (predicted grades A*A*A).

My teacher just sent me a message saying my grades are not what the requirements are but I want to use my predicted grades as an indication like other 2nd years.

How do I tackle this? I want to use my predicted grades so I can apply to very good unis.
Original post by HarveySpecter99
Ok so my Ucas form got sent back to me. I am a 3rd year college student and I have completed the a levels for 2 courses. I am resitting a few modules from both courses as well as continuing with my 3rd course.

I went to see my (2) course tutors from last year to ask for a predicted grade, and received A* and an A. Now what i haven't achieved is the A*AA which is the requirements for economics in some unis I'm applying to (predicted grades A*A*A).

My teacher just sent me a message saying my grades are not what the requirements are but I want to use my predicted grades as an indication like other 2nd years.

How do I tackle this? I want to use my predicted grades so I can apply to very good unis.

what grades did you get last year? do you know the universities that you want to apply to accept resits?
Original post by claireestelle
what grades did you get last year? do you know the universities that you want to apply to accept resits?

All my unis accept resits, I called them all.
CC, last year I underperformed so much. Always did well in class and tests.
You ll have to declare those two C's so an A* and A will look like a bit of a jump which there isn't much you can do about really unless there's a reason you underperformed like illness.
All my unis accept resits, I called them all.
CC, last year I underperformed so much. Always did well in class and tests.
You ll have to declare those two C's so an A* and A will look like a bit of a jump which there isn't much you can do about really unless there's a reason you underperformed like illness.

I did I declared everything, my problem is, my teacher hasn't put in my A* and A prediction, Im resitting modules for them courses and those are the ones which I got CC.
I did I declared everything, my problem is, my teacher hasn't put in my A* and A prediction, Im resitting modules for them courses and those are the ones which I got CC.

So there's no mention at all in your reference ?
So there's no mention at all in your reference ?

I'm guessing so...? like my course teachers didn't have a problem giving me a grade although i no longer take the course this year, I am resitting exams though. I don't understand why my teacher isn't putting my full A*A*A
I'm guessing so...? like my course teachers didn't have a problem giving me a grade although i no longer take the course this year, I am resitting exams though. I don't understand why my teacher isn't putting my full A*A*A

Ask if they did put them in ?
Ask if they did put them in ?

I'm emailing my tutor now, thanks for the replies on the thread, had a mini panic attack because I really want to go to the universities I have chosen.
I'm emailing my tutor now, thanks for the replies on the thread, had a mini panic attack because I really want to go to the universities I have chosen.

Hopefully you panicked needlessly :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending