The Student Room Group

Can I still apply to UCAS clearing? (August 2023)

Hi all,

I had an offer to study at university last year. Unfortunately, my health deteriorated before I began my course and I had to defer, then ultimately decline, my place.

Thankfully, my health is in a much better place now and I've been considering applying for the same course at the same university.

I've been in full-time work since declining my offer so completely forgot about the deadlines and process, and was wondering if it's now too late to get my application in and go through clearing (which, thankfully, my chosen course is eligible for)?

TL;DR: Can I apply through clearing now or do I have to wait for the next cycle?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Reply 1
im almost 100% sure you have to wait for next cycle as clearing is only open to those with a current UCAS application who hold no offers, unfortunately

edit: maybe i am wrong - https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/clearing-and-results-day/what-clearing
(edited 8 months ago)
You can apply as normal I believe.
Original post by ANon7443
Hi all,

I had an offer to study at university last year. Unfortunately, my health deteriorated before I began my course and I had to defer, then ultimately decline, my place.

Thankfully, my health is in a much better place now and I've been considering applying for the same course at the same university.

I've been in full-time work since declining my offer so completely forgot about the deadlines and process, and was wondering if it's now too late to get my application in and go through clearing (which, thankfully, my chosen course is eligible for)?

TL;DR: Can I apply through clearing now or do I have to wait for the next cycle?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

If the course is available in clearing then yes of course you can apply again now.

You’ll need a new ucas application for 2023 entry to use clearing so get that sorted asap.

You’ll also need to get your student finance application in asap if you want a hope of getting your loans paid on time.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
If the course is available in clearing then yes of course you can apply again now.

You’ll need a new ucas application for 2023 entry to use clearing so get that sorted asap.

You’ll also need to get your student finance application in asap if you want a hope of getting your loans paid on time.

Thank you for your help, it's all ready to go, I just didn't want to pay the fee in case it was too late.
Fingers crossed it'll be processed in time.

Thanks again.
Reply 5
Original post by HoldThisL
im almost 100% sure you have to wait for next cycle as clearing is only open to those with a current UCAS application who hold no offers, unfortunately

edit: maybe i am wrong - https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/clearing-and-results-day/what-clearing

Fingers crossed I have time, I know I've left it extremely late! Thank you for your time.

Original post by random_matt
You can apply as normal I believe.

Thank you for your reply. I'll get my application in ASAP.
Original post by ANon7443
Thank you for your help, it's all ready to go, I just didn't want to pay the fee in case it was too late.
Fingers crossed it'll be processed in time.

Thanks again.

Ring the university up today to make a clearing application with them and then be ready to add them as a clearing choice tomorrow when the UCAS Hub goes live :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending