The Student Room Group

Paranoid or pregnant

HeyI had unprotected sex almost a month ago now, for a minute before he put a condom on. I tested twice, and they came back negative, one was defective. Then I experienced severe back pain, went to the walk in, where they did a urine test, that too was negative. Got what I believe is my period on the 2nd of December, which wasn't heavy but lasted for 3 days, followed by 2 days of brown discharge. But my boobs feel like they've grown and I still get stomach cramping, so I took another test monday just to be sure which again came out negative. I'm just so worried I could still be pregnant, and that the bleeding was implantation bleeding. I'm so stressed out about it, can't focus on my studies and can't stop crying :frown: what do you think? Could I be pregnant?

Scroll to see replies

keep testing hun just in case x
I'm just as scared as you. I too had unprotected sex where he pulled out but only a few days ago though. I'm going to have a test. When Its been about two weeks. We didn't use any contraception and im not on the pill or any implants. So I'm ******** it. Plus my parents can't find out. Hang in there, I am too you will be okay either way. To be completely certain go to a clinic and they'll do a blood test that's the most accurate way to know.
Reply 3
Original post by Jiggles_99
I'm just as scared as you. I too had unprotected sex where he pulled out but only a few days ago though. I'm going to have a test. When Its been about two weeks. We didn't use any contraception and im not on the pill or any implants. So I'm ******** it. Plus my parents can't find out. Hang in there, I am too you will be okay either way. To be completely certain go to a clinic and they'll do a blood test that's the most accurate way to know.

i hope you're okay. It's nice to know I'm not alone in this. I'm going home for Christmas tomorrow and feel like I've got no choice but to let my mum in on the situation. She's going to be so disappointed :frown:
Original post by Jessicat123
HeyI had unprotected sex almost a month ago now, for a minute before he put a condom on. I tested twice, and they came back negative, one was defective. Then I experienced severe back pain, went to the walk in, where they did a urine test, that too was negative. Got what I believe is my period on the 2nd of December, which wasn't heavy but lasted for 3 days, followed by 2 days of brown discharge. But my boobs feel like they've grown and I still get stomach cramping, so I took another test monday just to be sure which again came out negative. I'm just so worried I could still be pregnant, and that the bleeding was implantation bleeding. I'm so stressed out about it, can't focus on my studies and can't stop crying :frown: what do you think? Could I be pregnant?

Yes, you could be. Go to your doctor and get them to do a test, they can do blood tests too. In future though don't risk it.

The pull out method is totally rubbish. Why risk getting pregnant if you don't want a baby? It really isn't that hard to use contraception. I hope it works out for both of you, but please, be more responsible.
Reply 5
Original post by DrawTheLine
Yes, you could be. Go to your doctor and get them to do a test, they can do blood tests too. In future though don't risk it.

The pull out method is totally rubbish. Why risk getting pregnant if you don't want a baby? It really isn't that hard to use contraception. I hope it works out for both of you, but please, be more responsible.

My doctor doesnt do blood test or pregnancy testing- I'd have to go to a clinic for that.
I know the pull out method is rubbish. I have been abused in the past so didn't think to say anything until a few minutes after we started having sex. Rubbish excuse I know, but I had it drilled into my head that I should've kept my mouth shut.
My doctor doesnt do blood test or pregnancy testing- I'd have to go to a clinic for that.
I know the pull out method is rubbish. I have been abused in the past so didn't think to say anything until a few minutes after we started having sex. Rubbish excuse I know, but I had it drilled into my head that I should've kept my mouth shut.

In that case go to a clinic and get it done.
i hope you're okay. It's nice to know I'm not alone in this. I'm going home for Christmas tomorrow and feel like I've got no choice but to let my mum in on the situation. She's going to be so disappointed :frown:

I would say don't tell her until you know for sure. But of she will be supportive go for it. I'll let you know how I get on. I hope it's nothing though. Be sure to tell me it helps to know someone actually knows what you're going through.
Original post by DrawTheLine

I agree it was so stupid. But It was my first time having sex and I know that if I'm pregnant in going to abort i can't care for a baby. But yeh, you're right I should have known. I'm getting an implant soon so it's cool. I can only be optimistic and get on with my life.

Sometimes you can get phantom symptoms like that, do another test say at the end of the month to be sure.

Why play Russian roulette like that.
idk it was stupid. But we learn from our mistakes. definitely not doing that again.
(edited 6 years ago)
I agree it was so stupid. But It was my first time having sex and I know that if I'm pregnant in going to abort i can't care for a baby. But yeh, you're right I should have known. I'm getting an implant soon so it's cool. I can only be optimistic and get on with my life.

That sounds like you weren't ready to have sex if you think it's an excuse to be unprotected. I know I sound mean but this is not a subject to brush off with "it's my first time" as if that makes it okay.
it doesn't. it just means I didn't know that the outcome could be as bad as it can be. let's hope it's not.

The test says negative.
Keep doing a test every few days to be sure.
you've had several tests and they've all come back negative, it is Highly unlikely that you are pregnant. your period can be affected by stress and you've been really stressed out about this so it's easily possible that your back pain, your cramps, your breasts and your (I'm guessing irregular) bleeding is All just your period, and it's acting differently because you've been stressing out so much.
go to a clinic and get a blood test if you really want to assuage your fears, but I honestly think you're fine :smile:
Original post by Chaz254
Girls on TSR:

>Have unprotected sex
>"OMG what if I'm pregnant I'm so scared what should I do!?!?!?!?"

What the hell do you expect?

I'm actually not that scared. I already know what to do as well. So I'm good. It's the other one that's upset about it but I hope she isn't pregnant. Whatever happens happens. There's not much we can do about that.
Original post by Chaz254
Girls on TSR:

>Have unprotected sex
>"OMG what if I'm pregnant I'm so scared what should I do!?!?!?!?"

What the hell do you expect?

I know, I understand where you're coming from. I know what I'm going to do if I am, its more the fact that I don't have anyone here to support me right now.
I know, I understand where you're coming from. I know what I'm going to do if I am, its more the fact that I don't have anyone here to support me right now.

I don't need the support I'll get through it with or without anyone else. I'm Asian we don't talk about our emotions. It's pretty easy when you've not done it all your life.
Took another test this morning, and went to a clinic, they also tested as negative, pretty sure I'm fine. Booked an appointment with GP to get birth control- definitely not going through this again. Hope everything goes well for you Jigggles :smile:
Took another test this morning, and went to a clinic, they also tested as negative, pretty sure I'm fine. Booked an appointment with GP to get birth control- definitely not going through this again. Hope everything goes well for you Jigggles :smile:

I'd maybe suggest getting some STI tests done as well, always better to be safe than sorry and you mentioned discharge which COULD be a symptom of something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending