The Student Room Group

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI,

I have 22 weeks till my English language paper 1 and 2 exams and want to start Revising for it when I go back to college but don't know how many hours I should be doing a week and if I should be revising for both papers each week or if I should do alternative weeks for each paper.

can people suggest ways I could do this please as it would help me.

thanks
caymen
Reply 1
Original post by caymen
HI,

I have 22 weeks till my English language paper 1 and 2 exams and want to start Revising for it when I go back to college but don't know how many hours I should be doing a week and if I should be revising for both papers each week or if I should do alternative weeks for each paper.

can people suggest ways I could do this please as it would help me.

thanks
caymen

Your main priority is to keep up with any homework that you have. So at the moment you probably won't have time for much revision, but as the weeks progress it's likely you'll get less homework and thus more revision time.

Try to work out a weekly schedule. Remember to include time for sleeping and any activities you want to do - this includes things like TV programmes. Try to figure out if you have any extra bits of time you could utilise. If you catch the bus to college, can you revise on the bus? If you go running, could you listen to a revision tape instead of music? Can you stick definitions on your fridge so that every time you make a coffee you have to read "alliteration is the occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of adjacent or closely connected words"?
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
Your main priority is to keep up with any homework that you have. So at the moment you probably won't have time for much revision, but as the weeks progress it's likely you'll get less homework and thus more revision time.

Try to work out a weekly schedule. Remember to include time for sleeping and any activities you want to do - this includes things like TV programmes. Try to figure out if you have any extra bits of time you could utilise. If you catch the bus to college, can you revise on the bus? If you go running, could you listen to a revision tape instead of music? Can you stick definitions on your fridge so that every time you make a coffee you have to read "alliteration is the occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of adjacent or closely connected words"?

Thanks for this let me give u a bit more information I do college 3 days a week I only do IT and English how's the best way to revise those subjects and how's best to make a revision timetable for this.

I do catch the bus for college and on the bus I could revise language or structural features cards.

can u give me some additional ways on how I can maximise my revision time please.

thanks Caymen
Reply 3
Original post by Juno

when u said revise on the bus what type of thing did u mean
Reply 4
Original post by caymen
when u said revise on the bus what type of thing did u mean

You take a book, and you read the book whilst on the bus
Reply 5
Original post by Juno
You take a book, and you read the book whilst on the bus

Could u revise flashcards on the bus as well
Reply 6
Original post by caymen
Could u revise flashcards on the bus as well

You could do anything on the bus as long as it doesn't take up too much room or annoy other passengers. So you wouldn't be able to listen to loud music unless you used headphones. But flashcards are likely to be fine, as long as you don't need to spread them around and you're not going to hit someone else in the face with them.
Reply 7
Original post by Juno
You could do anything on the bus as long as it doesn't take up too much room or annoy other passengers. So you wouldn't be able to listen to loud music unless you used headphones. But flashcards are likely to be fine, as long as you don't need to spread them around and you're not going to hit someone else in the face with them.

Okay thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending