The Student Room Group

Interview for midwifery - Edge Hill!

I sent off my midwifery application in September and I have already heard back from Edge Hill university offering me an interview in December!! Has anybody been interviews here before? Could anyone give me any tips or advice on the maths and English tests and perhaps what the interview is like?

Thanks
Becky
Original post by bebz9608
I sent off my midwifery application in September and I have already heard back from Edge Hill university offering me an interview in December!! Has anybody been interviews here before? Could anyone give me any tips or advice on the maths and English tests and perhaps what the interview is like?

Thanks
Becky

Hi!! I have also received an interview for 13th of December at 8.30am!
Hi, I have the same interview also. Where are you travelling from?
Hiya!

Have you checked your uni website for sample numeracy and literacy tests?

Research is key during the interview! I went in the interviews as myself and got offers miraculously even though I stumbled over words due to nervousness :lol: they’re quite understanding, you’ll be fine!
Hi Appleb,

How was the maths test. This is something I am dreading as it is not my strongest point
Thanks
Original post by Nicolar1988

I am travelling from Teesside which is about 3 hours away so I'll have to set off about 4.30am as i would like to get there in good time wbu??
Reply 6
Original post by charlottet77

That is when mine is also! I have requested to change the date though as its clashing with work, i hope they dont mind!! Good Luck!
Reply 7

Im travelling from Wistaston, Cheshire. Should only take me an hour but i'm setting off in good time. How about you?
Reply 8
Original post by AppleB
Hiya!

Have you checked your uni website for sample numeracy and literacy tests?

Research is key during the interview! I went in the interviews as myself and got offers miraculously even though I stumbled over words due to nervousness :lol: they’re quite understanding, you’ll be fine!

Yeah had a look, done some revision and research into the NHS qualities etc which was helpful. Fingers crossed!
Original post by bebz9608
Yeah had a look, done some revision and research into the NHS qualities etc which was helpful. Fingers crossed!

Be sure to mention the 6C’s too :smile:

Hi Appleb,

How was the maths test. This is something I am dreading as it is not my strongest point
Thanks

Hiya!

I did not apply to Edge Hill, however the maths isn’t hard. Practice your basics and be sure to learn conversions and weight and height.
Reply 10
I also have the same date for my interview and test. Its the test thats bothering me the most not the interview. I would welcome any advice.
Reply 11
Original post by charlottet77

I also have been given this date 🤓
I've got an interview next week. The maths doesn't worry me too much but I'm petrified for the English, I have no idea what to expect :frown: Hope everything went well with you all!
Hi Ladies , Ive got my first interview at Edge Hill tomorrow and im so nervous for the English test before Interview. Please can anyone guide me a little to what the format is?
Good Luck everyone
Louise xx
Original post by ldellius
Hi Ladies , Ive got my first interview at Edge Hill tomorrow and im so nervous for the English test before Interview. Please can anyone guide me a little to what the format is?
Good Luck everyone
Louise xx

omg good luck!!!!! Mine is in February!!! Is edge hill your firm
I have mine tomorrow! How were the questions they asked in the interview. I feel so sick with nerves😩
Could anyone shed some light on the maths and English test please! I have mine next month and don't know what to expect. How where the questions! Thanks !
revise fractions! Question we’re okay nothing too bad
Original post by alloyd7299
revise fractions! Question we’re okay nothing too bad

Fractions! Doesn't seem too bad. Anything in particular ? Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending