The Student Room Group

Funding for Midwifery

Hi there! I am currently studying BSc Psychology and looking to graduate next year and apply for BSc Midwifery.

I know that I will be covered for tuition loans but struggling to find any information on if I will be able to apply for maintenance loans as usual or if I will no longer be eligible for this as it'll be my 2nd degree?

Hoping somebody out there can help! :smile:
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by zara2090
Hi there! I am currently studying BSc Psychology and looking to graduate next year and apply for BSc Midwifery.

I know that I will be covered for tuition loans but struggling to find any information on if I will be able to apply for maintenance loans as usual or if I will no longer be eligible for this as it'll be my 2nd degree?

Hoping somebody out there can help! :smile:

Hi Zara,

Midwifery is an exception course, so you'll be entitled to both the Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans.

If you have a particular course and university in mind let us know and we'll check to make sure it's an exception.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Hi Graeme,

Thanks for your response!

I'm applying for Midwifery and consider the universities below:

- Edge Hill University
-Liverpool John Moores University
-University of Salford
-University of Manchester
-University of Greenwich

Hope that you're able to help! Thank you.

Saira
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Zara,

Midwifery is an exception course, so you'll be entitled to both the Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans.

If you have a particular course and university in mind let us know and we'll check to make sure it's an exception.

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by zara2090
Hi Graeme,

Thanks for your response!

I'm applying for Midwifery and consider the universities below:

- Edge Hill University
-Liverpool John Moores University
-University of Salford
-University of Manchester
-University of Greenwich

Hope that you're able to help! Thank you.

Saira

Yes, these courses are all exceptions. If your course begins in the 23/24 year we'd recommend applying online now: that way we can tell you for sure what you'll be entitled to.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending