The Student Room Group

Help needed with assignment (MUSCLES)

Hi, i have an assignment on bones, joints and muscles.. i have managed the bones and joints part but i am struggling with the muscles section of the assignment where i need to....

Describe the gross structure of, and identify the main functions of the muscular system.
Explain how muscle contracts and shortens, according to the sliding filament theory of muscular contraction.
Using named examples, explain how muscle contraction causes controlled movements at joints.
Demonstrate the action of antagonist muscle pairs
Analyse the action of joints and muscles during a named complex activity (e.g. walking, lifting, throwing etc)

All this (muscle section) has to be done in no more than 500 words which im finding basically impossible and started writing about the sliding filament theory and already over my word count... how can i fit so much information they are asking for into such a small word count?!

Original post by Elpmyrlad1
Hi, i have an assignment on bones, joints and muscles.. i have managed the bones and joints part but i am struggling with the muscles section of the assignment where i need to....

Describe the gross structure of, and identify the main functions of the muscular system.
Explain how muscle contracts and shortens, according to the sliding filament theory of muscular contraction.
Using named examples, explain how muscle contraction causes controlled movements at joints.
Demonstrate the action of antagonist muscle pairs
Analyse the action of joints and muscles during a named complex activity (e.g. walking, lifting, throwing etc)

All this (muscle section) has to be done in no more than 500 words which im finding basically impossible and started writing about the sliding filament theory and already over my word count... how can i fit so much information they are asking for into such a small word count?!

Just write less haha :P what more can anyone say. I mean, with sliding filament, you can literally say that "Calcium causes tropomyosin to move away from the myosin binding sites, allowing the myosin heads to bind and undergo a power-stroke movement therefore making the sarcomeres shorter. Dephosphorylation of ATP allows the myosin heads to release themselves from actin and return to their original positions."

That's 45 out of 500 words, aka 9% of your word count out of a possible 20% available for that part of the assignment lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending