The Student Room Group

Which option?

So I’m picking my a levels for college next year and I’m stuck between two choices. I’m almost certain I can’ do four so the final one is between sociology and Drama.
I have such a passion for drama and love acting in school and would miss it so much. But sociology is really interesting and would most likely help me out more in the future but I feel like I would regret it if I didn’t chose it.
Reply 1
Original post by MollyMchugh
So I’m picking my a levels for college next year and I’m stuck between two choices. I’m almost certain I can’ do four so the final one is between sociology and Drama.
I have such a passion for drama and love acting in school and would miss it so much. But sociology is really interesting and would most likely help me out more in the future but I feel like I would regret it if I didn’t chose it.

Depends what your other choices are. What are your other choices?
You need to weigh up the pros and cons
Drama: you enjoy and so are probably very talented in this area so will do well.
Sociology: you have never done this before so dont know your ability. You could be as good at this as you are drama or even better. This subject probably goes best with less arty subjects.

Also most people normally start with 4 and drop down to three within a few months so unless you wish to come out with 4 a levels, do the won you think you enjoy most.
Hope this helps xx
Reply 2
Original post by Emxlyy8
Depends what your other choices are. What are your other choices?
You need to weigh up the pros and cons
Drama: you enjoy and so are probably very talented in this area so will do well.
Sociology: you have never done this before so dont know your ability. You could be as good at this as you are drama or even better. This subject probably goes best with less arty subjects.

Also most people normally start with 4 and drop down to three within a few months so unless you wish to come out with 4 a levels, do the won you think you enjoy most.
Hope this helps xx

Thankyou, that really helps.
I’m also choosing media, English lit and history xx
Reply 3
Thankyou, that really helps.
I’m also choosing media, English lit and history xx

with those options both drama and sociology will go quite well so it is up to you what you want to study for the next 2 years (if you dont drop)
Reply 5
Original post by Emxlyy8
with those options both drama and sociology will go quite well so it is up to you what you want to study for the next 2 years (if you dont drop)

Okay, thanks, I’ll get my family’s opinion as well
Reply 6

Thankyou, that has really helped
Thankyou, that has really helped

:hat2:

Quick Reply

Latest