The Student Room Group

I got called a catfish

I'm mates with a guy and we have a very banterous relationship, borderline savage. This could happen because neither of us take much to heart so we say it how it is. Recently we were all at a friends house and randomly out of nowhere he calls me a catfish infront of everyone, (he doesnt know im slighlty insecure about my looks because I have a skin condition). I didnt take it to heart but then the boy I was talking to who is his best friend randomly stopped talking to me. (I'm thinking he told his mate I'm a catfish). This has been playing on my mind a lot, since then I dont really want to hang out with the group and I've been down a lot because only I know how much I went through with my skin and to get it where it is now. I know I'm being a lil bish but what can I do to forget about it?
Reply 1
I think he meant I look different in pictures than real life or something, but the way he said it was I look ugly in real life.
Reply 2
It's not all of them, it's just him. Besides they're the only friends I have at uni.
Reply 3
its ok I wasn't catfished and never had a gf but I'm a social outcast so hope that makes you feel better. also, those friends are toxic so stop hanging around them and find another group. its for the better.
Reply 4
Original post by ArmusP
its ok I wasn't catfished and never had a gf but I'm a social outcast so hope that makes you feel better. also, those friends are toxic so stop hanging around them and find another group. its for the better.

I hope you're doing well. I guess, I'll have to slowly leave.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I hope you're doing well. I guess, I'll have to slowly leave.

what do you mean by slowly leave
Reply 6
I think he meant I look different in pictures than real life or something, but the way he said it was I look ugly in real life.

try going easy on the heavy makeup, myspace poses, instagram filters, cropped head shots ...and then you won't have that problem.

simples.
Reply 7
Original post by ANM775
try going easy on the heavy makeup, myspace poses, instagram filters, cropped head shots ...and then you won't have that problem.

simples.

who even uses my space nowadays loooool my problem is...I don't. It's that simple. Besides that's not what I asked. Thanks anyway.
Reply 8
Original post by ArmusP
what do you mean by slowly leave

I mean I cant ghost suddenly
Q. What do you call a woman who looks beautiful in photos, but ugly in real life?

A. A model for Vogue.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Q. What do you call a woman who looks beautiful in photos, but ugly in real life?

A. A model for Vogue.

haha good one :lol:
I'm mates with a guy and we have a very banterous relationship, borderline savage. This could happen because neither of us take much to heart so we say it how it is. Recently we were all at a friends house and randomly out of nowhere he calls me a catfish infront of everyone, (he doesnt know im slighlty insecure about my looks because I have a skin condition). I didnt take it to heart but then the boy I was talking to who is his best friend randomly stopped talking to me. (I'm thinking he told his mate I'm a catfish). This has been playing on my mind a lot, since then I dont really want to hang out with the group and I've been down a lot because only I know how much I went through with my skin and to get it where it is now. I know I'm being a lil bish but what can I do to forget about it?

This is a real catfish

https://youtu.be/qzFugWpiJVg

Show all the group that video and laugh about that to bond with the group again.
If that blokes friend thinks your a catfish he'll think twice when he watches that.
You don't need to stop hanging out with the group because most people have a horrible time at uni because they have zero friends so they'd kill to have your group of friends so count yourself lucky.
As for that boy you should stop bantering with him because one day you will both cross the line and say things that are hurtful then won't want to see each other anymore, just chat to him normally.
Say hello to his friend and try small chat and if he's not friendly back ask him if anything is wrong

This guy is an Idiot sending half his paycheck to a woman he's never met for 2 years and saving up for and wedding, lol
I have no sympathy for anybody who's been catfished if they haven't met up with the person their speaking to after 1 or 2 months let alone 1 or 2 years

https://youtu.be/-miE4E1uLdg
Original post by Judge Jules
This is a real catfish

https://youtu.be/qzFugWpiJVg

Show all the group that video and laugh about that to bond with the group again.
If that blokes friend thinks your a catfish he'll think twice when he watches that.
You don't need to stop hanging out with the group because most people have a horrible time at uni because they have zero friends so they'd kill to have your group of friends so count yourself lucky.
As for that boy you should stop bantering with him because one day you will both cross the line and say things that are hurtful then won't want to see each other anymore, just chat to him normally.
Say hello to his friend and try small chat and if he's not friendly back ask him if anything is wrong

I think this is the most vuluable advice I got on this thread, thank you for your time and I will be doing what you suggested. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending