The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Opinions ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ihatelife2
This is genuinely the first comment by an actual HWSF student that is really balanced. The other things I have seen are all overly negative(most of the time) or overly positive. I think your review of the school is the most honest review I have seen. Thanks.

I second that!
Reply 121
This is genuinely the first comment by an actual HWSF student that is really balanced. The other things I have seen are all overly negative(most of the time) or overly positive. I think your review of the school is the most honest review I have seen. Thanks.

I'm glad! I hope it helped clarify some things. Its not the worst school and I didnt want to make it seem that way (: Also yeah, dogs can be stressful aha
Original post by medsel
Anytime!As far as I am aware there aren't any professionals at school that work with mental health issues and I don't feel like there is much support? I got unlucky in the sense that my form tutor doesnt really like us and is not someone I can see myself going to with any issues even though she's supposed to be. But I haven't tried reaching out for any. We did have a group come and do a workshop on handling stress and one of the vice principals brings her dog in sometimes (referred to as the therapy dog) and students can have sessions taking care of her / taking her for walks etc (if you're a dog person that is)

Do you think that if someone were to ask the student council about this, they might implement it?
Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz
Thanks for the advice; I most definitely won't. What other sixth forms are you looking to apply to in the meantime?

Holland park(got a provisional offer) and my current school(Chelsea Academy) are really my main options. I wouldn't mind going to my current sixth form. It's not as bad as I used to think. In the past they have had extremely gifted students who have gone to Oxbridge and other really prestigious unis but they have also admitted some students who aren't that academically able but the recent cohort of year 12s is full of extremely intelligent people and a lot of the year 11s who are choosing to stay are insanely smart(e.g. @thekidwhogames ). Its not my number one choice but its not that bad that I wouldn't go at all. What about you?
Holland park(got a provisional offer) and my current school(Chelsea Academy) are really my main options. I wouldn't mind going to my current sixth form. It's not as bad as I used to think. In the past they have had extremely gifted students who have gone to Oxbridge and other really prestigious unis but they have also admitted some students who aren't that academically able but the recent cohort of year 12s is full of extremely intelligent people and a lot of the year 11s who are choosing to stay are insanely smart(e.g. @thekidwhogames ). Its not my number one choice but its not that bad that I wouldn't go at all. What about you?

Well, my two other options are my school's sixth form (which I really don't wanna go to after attending their taster day last Monday), and City and Islington College (I feel like it's up there with Harris, but just has a more... normal sixth form experience?)
Reply 125
Do you think that if someone were to ask the student council about this, they might implement it?

I definitely think so, from what I've seen they've been able to make changes in the school so it's always worth a shot
Well, my two other options are my school's sixth form (which I really don't wanna go to after attending their taster day last Monday), and City and Islington College (I feel like it's up there with Harris, but just has a more... normal sixth form experience?)

From what I can see, Harris seems better than City and Islington College.
From what I can see, Harris seems better than City and Islington College.

Yeah, it probably is, but I really enjoyed the open day at CANDI too.
Good luck to everyone tomorrow and well done for those already who've done it. I've got bio at 11 tomorrow and I'm hoping for the best!!
Original post by lilliay15
Good luck to everyone tomorrow and well done for those already who've done it. I've got bio at 11 tomorrow and I'm hoping for the best!!

I'll be doing Politics at 10. What will you be wearing? I'll be wearing a blue checkered jumper and a slightly oversized blazer lol. Holler at me if you see me :smile:
I'll be doing Politics at 10. What will you be wearing? I'll be wearing a blue checkered jumper and a slightly oversized blazer lol. Holler at me if you see me :smile:

Haha, if I spot you and don't feel consumed by nerves then I'll definitely say hi :':wink: Ooh politics was one of my other options I wanted to do but I ended up picking history (along w chem and english) I hope your interview goes well! What are u doing to prep for it? I'm just making sure I have at least one or two interesting things I can passionately talk about.
(edited 6 years ago)
Haha, if I spot you and don't feel consumed by nerves then I'll definitely say hi :':wink: Ooh politics was one of my other options I chose (along w chem and english) I hope your interview goes well! What are u doing to prep for it? I'm just making sure I have at least one or two interesting things I can passionately talk about.

So far I've been writing notes on what I like the most about Politics. I decided to talk about an area of Politics that really interests me - and that's the class system and the history of how the poor were treated; from 1834 to now! It ties in nicely with how the media shapes people's attitudes of the lower class, as well as how the Labour Party rose to power. I hope it doesn't become too much of a history conversation, though, as a lot of history is involved in that topic...
So far I've been writing notes on what I like the most about Politics. I decided to talk about an area of Politics that really interests me - and that's the class system and the history of how the poor were treated; from 1834 to now! It ties in nicely with how the media shapes people's attitudes of the lower class, as well as how the Labour Party rose to power. I hope it doesn't become too much of a history conversation, though, as a lot of history is involved in that topic...

That sounds really good!! I don't think u should worry about it sounding too much like history, just as long as u seem really passionate about it, but ig try to link it back to politics at the very end to tie it all up. I'm kind of worried for when they're going to try and teach me something, but I'm really hoping it's something I can pick up on well.
That sounds really good!! I don't think u should worry about it sounding too much like history, just as long as u seem really passionate about it, but ig try to link it back to politics at the very end to tie it all up. I'm kind of worried for when they're going to try and teach me something, but I'm really hoping it's something I can pick up on well.

Yes! Thank you for reminding me.

I read somewhere that Harris said that the teachers are not even expecting you to know all the answers - at the same time, they're also gonna teach you lots of basic stuff such as 'What is the equation for photosynthesis?'. It even said in the open day letter they gave everyone!

I'm sure you'll be fine though. You sound like someone who can definitely handle it!!
Yes! Thank you for reminding me.

I read somewhere that Harris said that the teachers are not even expecting you to know all the answers - at the same time, they're also gonna teach you lots of basic stuff such as 'What is the equation for photosynthesis?'. It even said in the open day letter they gave everyone!

I'm sure you'll be fine though. You sound like someone who can definitely handle it!!

A lot of the stuff they ask is just questions where you apply your knowledge to different situations and use the things you have learnt to explain the reasons behind things so its a good idea that you understand everything you have learnt.
A lot of the stuff they ask is just questions where you apply your knowledge to different situations and use the things you have learnt to explain the reasons behind things so its a good idea that you understand everything you have learnt.

OK. I'm hoping that, as Politics is not a GCSE, the things they ask are very 'general knowledge'. That's how the Politics exam went, anyway.
OK. I'm hoping that, as Politics is not a GCSE, the things they ask are very 'general knowledge'. That's how the Politics exam went, anyway.

The bio interview was completely different to the exam. I'm making a stupid comparison really. Biology and Politics are completely different.
(edited 6 years ago)
The bio interview was different to the exam. I'm making a stupid comparison really. Biology and Politics are completely different.

Nahhh its useful advice don't worry :smile:
Did anyone see the YouTube videos on Harris Westminster? A friend of mine said that from the video, she could see that there were a lot of hot guys there :laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: XDDDD
Reply 139
Has anyone done their English Literature interview yet? If so, what questions did they ask? Also how prepared should you be for it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending