How to survive A- levels

A-level tips, anyone??
Original post by leeju
A-level tips, anyone??

To survive A-levels, don't die.
Reply 2
Haha, fair enough
Reply 3
lol i actually came on here looking for real advice cos a level physics has me feeling like im dying
Original post by leeju
Haha, fair enough

I'm only at GCSE but I would guess do past papers and give yourself 2 days per week with no extra studying?
Reply 5
Original post by Lucie J
lol i actually came on here looking for real advice cos a level physics has me feeling like im dying

omg same. I have a mock on Monday and I feel like I've barely covered a tenth of the syllabus!!
Reply 6
Original post by leeju
omg same. I have a mock on Monday and I feel like I've barely covered a tenth of the syllabus!!

😭😭 good luck.
I've already failed my mock - avenge me by ace-ing yours fellow TSR user
Reply 7
Original post by Lucie J
😭😭 good luck.

Original post by Lucie J
😭😭 good luck.

Thank you. I will try very hard! Odds aren't quite in my favour though... What spec do you do?
Reply 8
AQA, i know thats the exam board but i dont know what spec i do
Original post by leeju
A-level tips, anyone??

Know it'll be tougher at uni...

It is for me.
Reply 10
Original post by Owz5
Know it'll be tougher at uni...

It is for me.

Oh dear! Where are you and what are you studying?
Original post by leeju
Oh dear! Where are you and what are you studying?

University of Liverpool and studying business management. Teaching hours is also low, only about 7-8 hours in classes per week.
Original post by Baza2002
I'm only at GCSE but I would guess do past papers and give yourself 2 days per week with no extra studying?

aaaah, what an innocent child you are, there isnt enough time to not do anything for a full two days.

Original post by leeju
A-level tips, anyone??

I would recommend taking regular beaks and giving yourself reasonable amounts of work for each study session. Also find what motivates you (eg, going to X university, or a great summer holiday) and keep remembering that what you are doing atm will help you reach that goal :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Owz5
University of Liverpool and studying business management. Teaching hours is also low, only about 7-8 hours in classes per week.

Good luck! I hope things get smoother for you.
Original post by Yipyipee
aaaah, what an innocent child you are, there isnt enough time to not do anything for a full two days.

I would recommend taking regular beaks and giving yourself reasonable amounts of work for each study session. Also find what motivates you (eg, going to X university, or a great summer holiday) and keep remembering that what you are doing atm will help you reach that goal :smile:

So next year when I'm in college (doing maths, further maths and physics) i'll need to study outside of college for 6 or 7 days per week. Will it be a good idea for me to start studying for A-level before I start college (so as soon as my GCSEs finish I start)?
Reply 15
Original post by Yipyipee

HAHAHA yeah, I was thinking just that! Thanks for the advice... Can't wait till this summer!
Original post by leeju
Good luck! I hope things get smoother for you.

Thanks :smile: remember to work hard, I got average gcse's so couldn't get into the uni I wanted. Also, maybe you should look at going to the gym, high intensity training or doing some sport you like. Yeah, your a levels are the most important thing right now, but training REALLY helps keep you sane, relaxed and happy. So if you're struggling to cope, I'd recommend it.
Reply 17
Original post by Owz5
Thanks :smile: remember to work hard, I got average gcse's so couldn't get into the uni I wanted. Also, maybe you should look at going to the gym, high intensity training or doing some sport you like. Yeah, your a levels are the most important thing right now, but training REALLY helps keep you sane, relaxed and happy. So if you're struggling to cope, I'd recommend it.

Thank you! I swim and I find that very helpful for destressing, but increasingly it is difficult to find time to do it. Bearing what you said in mind, I will try to make it work though!
Original post by leeju
Thank you! I swim and I find that very helpful for destressing, but increasingly it is difficult to find time to do it. Bearing what you said in mind, I will try to make it work though!

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by Baza2002
So next year when I'm in college (doing maths, further maths and physics) i'll need to study outside of college for 6 or 7 days per week. Will it be a good idea for me to start studying for A-level before I start college (so as soon as my GCSEs finish I start)?

you should enjoy your summer while you have it, unless you really want to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending