The Student Room Group

still have crush on a guy after 6 months

6 months ago or so (maybe more) when I was in London for a couple of days in the last days of my stay there I matched on tinder with a guy. I don't like tinder, I don't believe in any kind of online dating/hook up whatever. 90% of guys I matched (had that app for like a week before) were only inviting me over or really rude or boring. But he stood out. I don't remember having such a conversation with no one, ever before. I've been with guys, been dating, had one serious relationship but I don't think it ever clicked with anyone as fast as with him. It just felt so... right. It's hard to explain maybe it seems silly but it just felt like that. He was straightforward, really funny, smart and totally my type of guy. We talked for about two weeks, tinder then whatsapp but somehow we just stopped. Once I wasn't replying for some time, he messaged me first, the other time I did but finally we stopped, I deleted his number and all. I was just, well, it didn't work out (distance).

Somehow every couple weeks I think about him. He is stuck in my mind, I can't get rid of him. I keep thinking about him and even though I know we haven't met it's like I never met anyone quite like him.

I found him on facebook the other day (totally on accident, I even forgot his surname but the stop next to my school has a similar name to his surname) and I feel like a creep.

Why can't I forget about him? I know I'll meet other people but somehow he's always on my mind, I can forget about him for weeks and then he just comes back and I obsess about how cool he was and how i'll never meet anyone as great as him. wtf is wrong with me!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Now that I think about it it was exactly 9 months. not 6. wow i'm a creep.
add himmm
Reply 3
Original post by xnotapplicablex
add himmm

after 9 months!!! too creepy. it'll be like i'm stalking him or i'm desperate (WHAT IF I AM!?) but no for real. i was thinking about meeting him somewhere where he lives (slim chance) but still, how creepy would that be. i just wanna know what the hell is wrong with me that i can't forget about ONE guy. i even forgot about my ex of 2 years like 2 months after breaking up and i can't forget about this dumbass.
Reply 4
maybe i could match with him again on tinder... is that possible if i unmatched him? damn i'm so dumb i could've left him there and be so casual about it "hey i'm in london wanna hang out". but now i can't because i unmatched him and messaging him anywhere else would be too creepy. yes i am a stalker but he doesn't need to know before we get married :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
after 9 months!!! too creepy. it'll be like i'm stalking him or i'm desperate (WHAT IF I AM!?) but no for real. i was thinking about meeting him somewhere where he lives (slim chance) but still, how creepy would that be. i just wanna know what the hell is wrong with me that i can't forget about ONE guy. i even forgot about my ex of 2 years like 2 months after breaking up and i can't forget about this dumbass.

lmaoo youre not creepy trust
ive had a crush on this guy for 2 years - now he talks to me about his crushes

and honestly if worst comes to worst you can just delete him
Reply 6
lmaoo youre not creepy trust
ive had a crush on this guy for 2 years - now he talks to me about his crushes

and honestly if worst comes to worst you can just delete him

i don't actually have problems with that, i asked guys out and that wasn't a big deal. but with him it's different because he's totally SO COOL like the coolest guy i ever talked to. and he look good. and he's so funny. and smart. and HE'S JUST SO dahjfljkahsfajk. ok i'm officially a creepy psycho. i don't wanna **** up any chances, maybe i could match with him again and be all like 'YOOO THAT YOU' and not just message him and "yes you know, your surname reminds me of something so i remembered it and 9 months later i found you on facebook, but i'm not at all creepy, i just like you so much that for 9 months i was rejecting other guys bc i no one compares to you. so, wanna go out?"
i don't actually have problems with that, i asked guys out and that wasn't a big deal. but with him it's different because he's totally SO COOL like the coolest guy i ever talked to. and he look good. and he's so funny. and smart. and HE'S JUST SO dahjfljkahsfajk. ok i'm officially a creepy psycho. i don't wanna **** up any chances, maybe i could match with him again and be all like 'YOOO THAT YOU' and not just message him and "yes you know, your surname reminds me of something so i remembered it and 9 months later i found you on facebook, but i'm not at all creepy, i just like you so much that for 9 months i was rejecting other guys bc i no one compares to you. so, wanna go out?"

ahaha cant lie he sounds special, take a chance!!!!
you sound like an older version of me loool
I'm asexual. I don't have these problems.
Reply 9
Original post by erratic_deus

lmao girl idc
ahaha cant lie he sounds special, take a chance!!!!
you sound like an older version of me loool

i feel so stupid because for the first time i was just myself and i could just say anything and i liked that. i totally liked him. i know that he might not be so cool or maybe he wouldn't like me if we met but i don't care, i have to try. you might be right. im not in london yet so theres no chance for us meeting but im going there in a couple of months i might try messaging him (ill give myself a week or so of borderline psycho swiping left until i find him again and swipe right and match) well if that doesn't work out ill just message him. he'll think im crazy and say no. he'll think im crazy and be curious and he'll say yes. thanks!!!
Original post by erratic_deus

Asexual? Doesn't that mean you reproduce outside the body or something?
EDIT: ah ok never mind
(edited 6 years ago)
i feel so stupid because for the first time i was just myself and i could just say anything and i liked that. i totally liked him. i know that he might not be so cool or maybe he wouldn't like me if we met but i don't care, i have to try. you might be right. im not in london yet so theres no chance for us meeting but im going there in a couple of months i might try messaging him (ill give myself a week or so of borderline psycho swiping left until i find him again and swipe right and match) well if that doesn't work out ill just message him. he'll think im crazy and say no. he'll think im crazy and be curious and he'll say yes. thanks!!!

good luck X
Well it happens to the best of us, but honestly I think you should just try other guys, but if you feel like there was a really good connection add him and see what's up, you never know if you don't try. You'll sit there wondering about him all the time when you could started talking to him again by now.
Well it happens to the best of us, but honestly I think you should just try other guys, but if you feel like there was a really good connection add him and see what's up, you never know if you don't try. You'll sit there wondering about him all the time when you could started talking to him again by now.

I just want it to somehow come natural... meet him on the street or match on tinder again. I know it's crazy but I really liked him. And I met a lot of guys, I tried dating and all but everyone was just... ugh not right. It's hard to explain. I felt something completely different even though I was once in love, it wasn't even close to it how I felt with a guy I thought (or did I) that i loved. idk if you know what i mean but just... idk. great guy. i dont wanna **** it up by being too straightforward even though he said he never met girl who would genuinely answer asap when she can and not pretend she's not interested and who was so straightforward (i took it a compliment tho bc like i said before i was myself for the first time in ages). i need to google if its possible to match with someone i unmatched (i know where he lives so i can set up distance + age and hope he still uses tinder and does not have a gf!!!)
Why don't you add him on facebook? Could always say he was a suggested friend, casually ask how he was doing
If you want to make it lighthearted, you could make a joke about how Zuckerberg/government/FBI must be stalking your tinder like with those sponsored ads etc

If he's as cool as you say he is, I think he'll be totally laid back and just message you back
And if he doesn't, there's nothing lost right, so you may as well give it a go!
Guess you loved that D 😏
Original post by james ionicbond
Guess you loved that D 😏

damn it, come tf on. i said we only talked a bit on tinder and then i left! but i'd love to love that d, ok?
damn it, come tf on. i said we only talked a bit on tinder and then i left! but i'd love to love that d, ok?

Only a joke mate

"love to love that D" That is legendary 😂😂😂
Original post by james ionicbond
Only a joke mate

"love to love that D" That is legendary 😂😂😂

i try my best to be hilarious slash legendary

but for real now, maybe i'm being stupid, he could've reached out, i'm sure he knows my instagram/phone number etc etc etc

OR i could send a message on whatsapp and be like 'oh **** sorry accident' WOULD THAT BE OK

Latest

Trending

Trending