The Student Room Group

Failing A-levels tbh :((

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
how did you do at GCSE?
Lol, literally same here - I'm also in y12, but I'm doing biology, chemistry and maths (+ was doing economics but dropped it). Biology is fine for me (have had all As so far) but I feel like I'm drowning in chemistry and maths. I understand the information in the lesson, and then when it comes to the tests it is TERRIBLE!!!
If this is what it is like for the end of topic tests I'm really concerned about how the internal exams are going to be (which they totally determine your predicted grades for uni off of at my school) is there still any hope??? I need A,A,A :frown:
Original post by hania04
Not gunna lie, I am SO glad I cam across this thread!! I’m taking Biology, Chemistry and English Lit AS (I dropped psychology pretty quick because I was soooo stressed). Just did my mocks and got a D in Bio and a C in Chem. I worked soooo hard for them as well. I want to do medicine too so I understand your stress completely!! I get really stressed and overwhelmed easily. I feel what I’m doing at the moment revision wise isn’t a quick fix for tests at the moment so maybe don’t focus on these mini tests and grades! Just try and focus on the end goal because I’m sure you’re doing enough work because for some people it takes time for things to click (if that makes sense) but mannnnnn I feel you rn. If you ever need support and what not, message me! Id be so glad to help and it would probably help me too!

Hiya! Thanks for the advice, I hope you do well on your actual exams :smile:
Thank you for the support!! Same here! Hmu if you wanna chat to calm you down or talk about your problems or anything :h:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by cj_sS
how did you do at GCSE?

A's and A*'s and one B in Spanish
Original post by Bad Student
Lol, literally same here - I'm also in y12, but I'm doing biology, chemistry and maths (+ was doing economics but dropped it). Biology is fine for me (have had all As so far) but I feel like I'm drowning in chemistry and maths. I understand the information in the lesson, and then when it comes to the tests it is TERRIBLE!!!
If this is what it is like for the end of topic tests I'm really concerned about how the internal exams are going to be (which they totally determine your predicted grades for uni off of at my school) is there still any hope??? I need A,A,A :frown:

I completely understand you omg, I feel like I'm going to focus more on my mocks from now on tbh :frown:
Have you done question papers and stuff?
Original post by The RAR
Edexcel and the book the teacher gave us isn't working

I do Edexcel geog and the books just seem all over the place, plus the lack of past papers and the crappy teaching really doesn’t help
I’m in almost exactly the same position as you, even in terms of wanting to do medicine; I do geography, media, bio and chem and am also failing the two sciences :banghead: They are definitely both really hard! I’ve been trying to revise more since my last set of mocks, and would agree with what others have said about videos - there are loads on Youtube and I find them really useful for if I get home and want to look at a subject which I felt went a bit over my head in lesson! I would also say (though I’m not sure if you are already) that if you can to try and do a little of each subject each day, this is something I try and do (at least with chem and bio anyway) to keep things ticking over and what have you. I feel for you though, I’m sure we’ll both get there, and if you ever fancy a chat don’t hesitate to message me lmao I’ll try and be useful! :grouphugs:
Original post by S a i n t
I completely understand you omg, I feel like I'm going to focus more on my mocks from now on tbh :frown:
Have you done question papers and stuff?

Not as much as I want to have done, but I'm going to start like ASAP - its so annoying though because the A levels have changed, and so I haven't found many great past papers for them so far, have you??
Original post by Willjames
I do Edexcel geog and the books just seem all over the place, plus the lack of past papers and the crappy teaching really doesn’t help

Ikr, I would have been better off doing Chemistry since the spec hasn't changed a lot like Geography
Original post by QueenLazy
I’m in almost exactly the same position as you, even in terms of wanting to do medicine; I do geography, media, bio and chem and am also failing the two sciences :banghead: They are definitely both really hard! I’ve been trying to revise more since my last set of mocks, and would agree with what others have said about videos - there are loads on Youtube and I find them really useful for if I get home and want to look at a subject which I felt went a bit over my head in lesson! I would also say (though I’m not sure if you are already) that if you can to try and do a little of each subject each day, this is something I try and do (at least with chem and bio anyway) to keep things ticking over and what have you. I feel for you though, I’m sure we’ll both get there, and if you ever fancy a chat don’t hesitate to message me lmao I’ll try and be useful! :grouphugs:

aw thank you and same here, you can always message me if you wanna chat as welll :smile:

ps: i rel8 so much to ur usernamee
Original post by Bad Student
Not as much as I want to have done, but I'm going to start like ASAP - its so annoying though because the A levels have changed, and so I haven't found many great past papers for them so far, have you??

yhhhh ive been usin physicsandmaths tutor questions
Original post by S a i n t
aw thank you and same here, you can always message me if you wanna chat as welll :smile:

ps: i rel8 so much to ur usernamee

Thanks dude :smile:
Yeah hahah I’m glad someone else can!
I do the same subjects except I'm failing psychology and geography Aswel. Hope that helped😂
This is literally me. I take chemistry biology and a language and I know I could do well but it’s so hard and I feel like I won’t be able to learn it all in time.

Quick Reply

Latest