The Student Room Group

Wrongly failed driving test

Examineer failed me for 2 reasons:
1: I was told that I should have stopped for a lady to get to the zebra crossing so she can cross. Bear in mind, this lady was about a metre away from the yellow box on the pavement where you stand before the actual crossing and the examiner confirmed this.
2: examiner said I was on a turn right only lane but I went straight ahead. This was on a junction where the lane becomes single ahead so if you were on the right turn only lane you will be forced to turn right as otherwise you would have to either hit the bollard or smash into the traffic on your left, neither of these happen.

The problem is test wasn't video recorded and results are final. So it's just you words against theirs. There is a system problem.
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by 8Bird
Examineer failed me for 2 reasons:
1: I was told that I should have stopped for a lady to get to the zebra crossing so she can cross. Bear in mind, this lady was about a metre away from the yellow box on the pavement where you stand before the actual crossing and the examiner confirmed this.
2: examiner said I was on a turn right only lane but I went straight ahead. This was on a junction where the lane becomes single ahead so if you were on the right turn only lane you will be forced to turn right as otherwise you would have to either hit the bollard or smash into the traffic on your left, neither of these happen.

I don't know what drugs the examiner is on but these fail reasons are just bulls. The problem is test wasn't video recorded and results are final. So it's just you words against theirs. There is a system problem.

hey
do you go with ur instructor

if you do then its best when they ask you to either for the instructor to sit at the back of the car during the examination IF you feel like its unfair on you OR buy a cheap dash cam

some of these examiners are buttholes who ONLY ever care about making money.
I still failed after my 4TH time and ITS the same BLOODY examiner every time so next time imma go imma ask my instructor to sit at the back
You can appeal if you think the examiner did not follow the regulations when they carried out your test
Reply 3
Original post by 123ereeerrgh
hey
do you go with ur instructor

if you do then its best when they ask you to either for the instructor to sit at the back of the car during the examination IF you feel like its unfair on you OR buy a cheap dash cam

some of these examiners are buttholes who ONLY ever care about making money.
I still failed after my 4TH time and ITS the same BLOODY examiner every time so next time imma go imma ask my instructor to sit at the back

I have thought of these solutions too tbh. But I highly doubt my instructor will go against what the examiner thinks but I think it will be a deterrent for the examinerat least.
I am determined to ask for a diff examiner next time if it happens to be the same one again or just tell them to just fail it if they object which I am guessing they won't do as there would be no reason and it's not a no show because I am there.

I wanted to just get this out there for awareness to others of how terrible it could get.
Reply 4
TBH just book another test.
Reply 5
Original post by Joinedup

That's literally the only thing they want us to do and only thing we could do.
The truth is no online will take your word over the professional, we'll assume you did make mistakes. It's not like the examiner has incentive to fail you on purpose.
Reply 7
Original post by StriderHort
The truth is no online will take your word over the professional, we'll assume you did make mistakes. It's not like the examiner has incentive to fail you on purpose.

These are the questions that's bothering me. If there was no incentive to fail someone, then why would she fail me. Was there anything she disliked about me? The examiner did not talk throughout the test apart from giving instructions. They said examiners talk to make you feel less nervous.

When I questioned about why not stopping for the lady was a fail when she wasn't on the crossing anyway, the examiner became defensive.

It just made me feel that she really wanted to fail me for some reason.

I will submit an appeal anyway just to get my point across no matter the outcome because it's giving me mental unrest.
Original post by Joinedup

Yeah its a Skill Issue
Original post by 8Bird
The If there was no incentive to fail someone, then why would she fail me. Was there anything she disliked about me?

Tbh the obvious answer here is 'Your driving'. You need to address the issues rather than go off on a paranoid conspiracy trip. Your info is way too vague to answer further, like when you asked the examiner about the pedestrian what did they actually say? and were you in a right hand lane or weren't you? did you have to jink lane and insta fail to do it?

I can deffo tell you that appeals based on disputing a fail are a waste of your time and whoever led you to excpect small talk from the examiner is mistaken.
Reply 10
Original post by StriderHort
Tbh the obvious answer here is 'Your driving'. You need to address the issues rather than go off on a paranoid conspiracy trip. Your info is way too vague to answer further, like when you asked the examiner about the pedestrian what did they actually say? and were you in a right hand lane or weren't you? did you have to jink lane and insta fail to do it?

I can deffo tell you that appeals based on disputing a fail are a waste of your time and whoever led you to excpect small talk from the examiner is mistaken.

Hi.
Okay to answer your questions.
1. When I asked the examiner why not stopping at the crossing was a fail even though the pedestrian wasn't on the crossing, the examiner said I should still have stopped, assume that the woman will walk to the yellow box on the pavement and start crossing. The examiner confirmed with me and my driving instructor that the woman wasn't at the crossing. My instructor did not comment. I doubled check this and that's not what H2 rule says.
2. To give more context, this was on an A road with an island separating the opposite traffic. Approaching an intersection, the road splits into 2: left straight ahead and right lane, turn right only. I know for a fact that I wasn't on right lane because first of all, you can only turn right on that lane and to get back to the left you have to wait for traffic on the left to clear because there is only 1 lane for straight ahead. There were cars behind me which followed me across ahead before I moved to the right lane when the road splits again. Is the examiner saying that the other cars were also on right lane behind me but also went ahead? This is the other argument I have.

I wouldn't be wasting my time if I know the examiner was right. I am only not resting this because I know the fails were wrong. Just because she does it for a living doesn't mean she will never make mistakes. I am a 32 yo with a decent office job, old enough to know that mistakes happen. Honestly it's not even about the cost, it's more of the time for me to have to do the test again and not even anytime soon. Sorry for a bit of rant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending