The Student Room Group

I can’t seem to revise

Hey guys Im doing gcses and I only got a few months left till the exams. I’m trying to prepare for them but every time I revise, I feel tired every single time. It’s not because I don’t get enough sleep and I don’t take any breaks. I really wanna pass my gcses and I seriously feel doing something worse to myself because it kills me every time when I can’t be productive and others do. Is there any way that I can gain enough energy to revise because when I force myself to revise my mind goes blank and I start thinking about other things. HELP BEFORE I START MY GCSES. Thanks
Original post by Freshyeezys01
Hey guys Im doing gcses and I only got a few months left till the exams. I’m trying to prepare for them but every time I revise, I feel tired every single time. It’s not because I don’t get enough sleep and I don’t take any breaks. I really wanna pass my gcses and I seriously feel doing something worse to myself because it kills me every time when I can’t be productive and others do. Is there any way that I can gain enough energy to revise because when I force myself to revise my mind goes blank and I start thinking about other things. HELP BEFORE I START MY GCSES. Thanks

Have a coffee. remove all distractions and do 30 min stints. At some stage you have to focus or you run the risk. If you feel its medical then see your GP as there are reasons you can feel fatigued.
Reply 2
I’d agree with the above post, caffeine can be so helpful when revising as it stops you from being tired and helps you focus. Don’t have too much though.
What you need to do is find a revision method that is really fun and motivates you to revise! I make mind maps and display them all over my wall. It takes me about an hour to make one because I love the creative side of doing it. Then I take a five-minute break, eat and drink something and start again. I also like to do Q cards and I write on them and flick through them a couple times a day. once you find a revision method that really motivates you you'll probably enjoy it more and won't get as tired and bored when it comes to revision. Watch revision videos on YouTube for Science, English, Maths and humanities subjects that are fun and interesting and write up notes about them too. It's all to do with the way you do it and the mindset you're in. Make sure you're room is well lit and don't listen to loud music because you may get distracted. But leave the food and water away so that you have to get up and move around every half hour to an hour or so to have a break and refresh yourself. Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending