The Student Room Group

Private Candidate exam fees

Hello all

I have recently decided that I am going to self teach 2 A levels. One in Business and one in Economics. Both with the exam board Edexcel.

I am hoping someone could help with the cost of the exams. I am aware that as a private candidate I am required to find a local centre or school that will allow to sit the exams, which I have done.

The school I have chosen which is the cheapest in my area is quoting me £40 admin fee and £10 invigilator fee per the hour. However they have also said that they will charge the cost of the exams.

Does anybody know how I can find out the cost of the exams? And would I pay this once per subject or once per exam?

Thanks

P.S. I’ll be sitting the exams in the summer of 2020
Original post by Bert48’
Hello all

I have recently decided that I am going to self teach 2 A levels. One in Business and one in Economics. Both with the exam board Edexcel.

I am hoping someone could help with the cost of the exams. I am aware that as a private candidate I am required to find a local centre or school that will allow to sit the exams, which I have done.

The school I have chosen which is the cheapest in my area is quoting me £40 admin fee and £10 invigilator fee per the hour. However they have also said that they will charge the cost of the exams.

Does anybody know how I can find out the cost of the exams? And would I pay this once per subject or once per exam?

Thanks

P.S. I’ll be sitting the exams in the summer of 2020

That is very reasonable by them.

£88.30 for 2017, so you are looking at c£100 per subject for the exam fee.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Fees-for-academic-and-vocational-qualifications/Pearson-General-Qualifications-fees-2017-18-v2.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest