The Student Room Group

Tiffin Boys' Sixth Form

My son has an interview to join the sixth form - looking for any insights into what they ask/expect? Also does anyone know how many boys they interview for the 40 - 5o places available?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SherlocksMa
My son has an interview to join the sixth form - looking for any insights into what they ask/expect? Also does anyone know how many boys they interview for the 40 - 5o places available?

I have applied for the sixth form also, but I have got no reply from them since I gave them my reference. Did you receive a letter or an email? When did you give them your reference? Did you get a reply immediately? I have so many questions!! Please answer them!

When did you get response?
Reply 3
Original post by adamantacademic
When did you get response?

Unsure about the OP; but I also got an interview - notification sent by email about 2 weeks ago.
Reply 4
Good luck ns_2 - we got notification about the same time as you.
Original post by ns_2
Unsure about the OP; but I also got an interview - notification sent by email about 2 weeks ago.

Congrats what are your grades looking like?
Reply 6
Original post by adamantacademic
Congrats what are your grades looking like?

Predicted are all A*/8/9 - A*(A^) in Further Mathematics and Business & Economics; 9 in English Lit/Lang, Computer Science, Mathematics and Chemistry.

Hoping for all 9s.
Original post by ns_2
Predicted are all A*/8/9 - A*(A^) in Further Mathematics and Business & Economics; 9 in English Lit/Lang, Computer Science, Mathematics and Chemistry.

Hoping for all 9s.

All the best!
Original post by ns_2

My school only received the reference email on last Wednesday and we sent it on Friday. How come you guys got your reference in so early?
Reply 9
Tiffin sent an email a few weeks ago saying there were delays as they'd had over 300 applicants.
Tiffin sent an email a few weeks ago saying there were delays as they'd had over 300 applicants.

Oh so there is still a hope that I haven't been rejected! I remember that email! Phew!
Where did you get this from? Or is this just anecdotal?
Dropped out of Tiffin or dropped out of uni?
I'm curious because aren't you in the process of university applications at the moment?
True...
You might as well say the same about every grammar school and private school.
Finally got my interview date...Anyone have any advice??
Original post by iwanttobreakfree
Finally got my interview date...Anyone have any advice??

Congratulations - hope you do well. No real advice to give as it was pretty straightforward - they're not out to trick you or give you a hard time.

Let us know how you get on.
Congratulations - hope you do well. No real advice to give as it was pretty straightforward - they're not out to trick you or give you a hard time.

Let us know how you get on.

Sure
Reply 19
Did anyone get a response from the admissions team saying “many thanks”?

Quick Reply

Latest