The Student Room Group

A Levels

I'm currently applying for colleges and want to do a level English language but they require 5 GCSEs and I go to a school where we're only getting to do 3, how can I get 5 GCSEs without my school providing them, or is there a way around this?
The three options that you took for GCSE whatever they may be add up to your full GCSEs. You do your core GCSE subjects (English, Maths, Science) alongside your optional ones so they add up to six GCSEs if you didn’t take triple science in which each science would count as one GCSE, then it would be seven GCSEs
Original post by kapustatoja
The three options that you took for GCSE whatever they may be add up to your full GCSEs. You do your core GCSE subjects (English, Maths, Science) alongside your optional ones so they add up to six GCSEs if you didn’t take triple science in which each science would count as one GCSE, then it would be seven GCSEs

My 3 GCSEs are maths English and science, we only had two btec options and nothing else
(edited 6 years ago)
Ah ok, so I’m guessing that the two btec options you chose would count as two GCSEs. On the college website, look up what the entry requirements are in detail and maybe ask your teachers about it or look to see if the college has an email that you could ask your question to

Quick Reply

Latest