The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship [2018]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by GladstonianLib
Anybody else apply for multiple schemes in multiple locations? I applied for 4 of the schemes in about 9 places; I was wondering if anybody else from this year’s applicants or last year’s has any idea on how common that is? What did all you guys apply for?

I think it will be absolutely fine, from what I read from last years thread a lot of applicants were offered different locations to what they initially applied for, I think it would show how much you want to be part of the civil service and you are flexible which would be positive x x x
Reply 41
Original post by elroberts
Thankyou! Did you have to wait the full 8 weeks last year too?! So nervous !

I definitely waited all the way last year for my online test results, think it may have even been just passed the 8 weeks, good luck for this year 🤞
Just sat my tests and have been invited to the assessment centre! So happy and excited but nervous .. Has anyone else got through yet? 😃
Original post by J0eJ0e994
Anyone know when the assessment centres will be held? I'm going travelling in June 🙃

Mine is in middle March so you should be fine 😊
Original post by charlsmith170
Just sat my tests and have been invited to the assessment centre! So happy and excited but nervous .. Has anyone else got through yet? 😃

Wow that was fast!
Reply 45

Congratulations, well done that is amazingly quick 🎉, havnt done my tests yet 😬

Congrats. How long did it take you to get the results of your test through then?
Congrats. How long did it take you to get the results of your test through then?

Thank you!
It was about 10 minutes after I submitted, then another email 5 minutes later to confirm my assessment centre time and date. Its the first time I have applied and looking at other comments it seems its unusual to have heard so quickly so I'm not sure how I've been so lucky! Good luck to everyone hopefully will see you all there 😊
Whoa, you must be Civil Service material through and through-nice one☺️ I hope the same happens for the rest of us
Thank you!
It was about 10 minutes after I submitted, then another email 5 minutes later to confirm my assessment centre time and date. Its the first time I have applied and looking at other comments it seems its unusual to have heard so quickly so I'm not sure how I've been so lucky! Good luck to everyone hopefully will see you all there 😊

That's amazing! You must've smashed the tests lol.

Which programme did you apply for?
Original post by apatel97
Which programme did you apply for?

My first preferece was Business, then Project Delivery, Policy, Commercial, Finance then digital one.
Location I chose was Cardiff, Newport or Bristol.

What have you chosen as your preferece ?
Whoa, you must be Civil Service material through and through-nice one☺️ I hope the same happens for the rest of us

I actually already am a civil servant 😊 , I joined last year in an admin role and have been waiting for this programme to open for what feels like ages hah!
Yeah absolutely, hopefully the wait won't be long! Good luck to you
Thank you!

That’s amazing! I only submitted mine Thursday but heard you can end up waiting for ages to hear back, hoping I get to an invite to assessment day !
I'm taking the tests tomorrow, how much did people prepare for them, and do you know if a calculator is allowed for the maths?

Thanks.
I just went over basic multiplying and dividing for the numeracy and wasn’t really sure how to prepare for the verbal reasoning but basic logic should be good enough. And yes, it states that a calculator is allowed for the maths section. Good luck!
Done the tests.

Didn't finish verbal or numerical, but answered a fair few.

Found the situation ones so hard, could easily have been any of the choices, really depends on the kind of relationship you have with your colleagues/position you're in.
Yeah, I agree. The situational questions are hard to answer hypothetically.
I didn’t answer all of the questions either, I thinks it’s designed to be almost impossible! Just depends on the quality and not the quantity of your answers
My first preferece was Business, then Project Delivery, Policy, Commercial, Finance then digital one.
Location I chose was Cardiff, Newport or Bristol.

What have you chosen as your preferece ?
i applied for finance,project delivery and policy in leeds or shipley or sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending